Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi! i have a rattle that is coming from the trim area right above the pass side rear cargo window. If i push on the headliner right above that area it squeaks/rattles the same way as it does when i drive over bumps in the road etc. any ideas? looks like to get to the problem, the whole headliner has to come down. should warranty cover this? i have 21k miles on the truck.... or will they say it's a 12k mile thing???

thanks...

·
on line
874 Posts
technical tap....a compression snap came loose

·
on line
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried pushing that area in, nothing seems to catch... what does "technical cap" mean? are you saying just to tap it back in place and that it uses compression snaps to connect the headliner to the roof?

·
on line
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just looked through the online warranty pdf for 2007 and can't find anything that states squeaks and rattles and noises are only covered to 12months/12k miles. SO, I am calling the dealer to make an appt for next week...

we shall see..

·
on line
874 Posts
I said technical tap....aka hit it hard....you know when your computer is on the fritz you give it a technical tap( kick the side of it) and it works better

·
on line
49 Posts
tighten the cross bars on the roof.

I had what sounds like the same issue. Thought the rattle was inside the truck when really it was on the roof. Took me awhile to figure it out, but I had loosened the cross bars to spread them apart for a surfboard, and I didn't tighten one of them back up all the way.

·
on line
1,864 Posts
;) Check your "grab handle" see if it's tight !!

:D:DJIMBO

·
on line
652 Posts
I had that same rattle. Mine ended up being the rount tube on the pass. side where it goes in to the plastic mount on the rear of the truck.
I had some thin rubber strips 1/8" X1"x 4" that I tucked between the tube and the mount and no more rattle. If you're in ga. I have some more strips and you're welcome to them. If you need pics let me know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts