Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Incase anyone searches this out later, here is the skinny. First we already know Shrockworks builds rock solid gear. Now what happens if you have a factory rear hatch mounted back up cam? As anticipated, the rear mounted tire blocks a good portion of the image. Not really to bad since you should look behind you anyways. The main issue is if you have a hi-lift jack. It simply will not fit. No biggie for me, I'll likely take it to my favorite body shop and have the rear camera removed, the hole filled and painted. Then get a backup camera mounted plate frame and go that route. Just in case this is searched later, it is a great thing to know for forum members.

FYI Shrockworks, UPSfreight have still not found my front bumper..... Im going thru armor withdrawls!!! Ill be bugging them again Monday. But its depressing that they simply can not find it. But thank you to your team for assisting me during this headache. Keep up the great work.

FYI Im still reseaching what tire/ wheels to go with, its between procomp 7089 and level 8 MK6 with 285/75-16 duratracs. Already have nisstec ultimate extended suspension in my garage, just doing my research and will be ordering shortly. So give me a break on the factory spare mounted back there. Ive only had the truck 3 days.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
3 days and you've already got a lift in your garage and armor on the way? :eek:ccasion5:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good news, UPS freight called and said they found the pallet, they can have it delivered on Monday afternoon, so atleast Ill have it but it will sit for 4 days till I get a day off, but Im just glad to not be in limbo land anymore.

As for the X, Ive been planning this for some time, and even setup a anticipated wait time on a calander so that things would go together smoothly. The camera was not planned for so that was my bad but really I have got it laid out pretty well. Ordered the front, rear, carrier, and sliders back in Oct. Then ordered the skids a little while afterwards (as noted should be here in about 2 weeks). Ordered the Gobi during their sale and got the ladder and shovel mount free. That arrived Christmas eve and has just been sitting the storage unit. Suspension, 3-4 weeks ago??? Dunno, but yeah, I had a ton of stuff just sitting and waiting for me to find a manual X. After spending 3 months and not finding anything reasonable, I was driving into work in my Civic and once I parked I was listening to the radio when about 30 or so seconds later, I am enveloped in a smoke screen. Said screw it, and knew this 2015 manual Pro4X was at a local dealership, it was under MSRP since it had no luxuries, but was just want I wanted (did not even have side steps), picked it up for 29K with 5miles on it, 2 months at the dealership and not one person test drove it, as they said due to it being a manual. So I jumped. 3 hours after owning it, I had the shrockwork sliders installed. 23 hours later the bumper was on, then 20 hours later the tire carrier. Still managed to work 60 hours while dealing with everything else.

Things to still go on

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Overland. Im getting too hold humping my gear on my back. Will still call the hammock home at night, just will have more luxuries, better food, and get out further/ longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts