Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to make a custom enclosure for the rear passenger side cargo spot. Anyone ever record the dimensions of theres? Anyone possibly to a write up on the construction and size. I am looking for some guidance on this, thank you.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
This is what my box looks like. I can't find the measurements but I will go get them shortly.

This fits in the back on the passenger side. Still allows access for the track system and my cargo cover can go over it.

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great I'll be awating those measurements....thank you

·
on line
1,206 Posts
That looks awesome lostboy, I may have to copy that location....

·
on line
3 Posts
I agree, the box is sweet and you loose barely any space. Can you post the measurements, this is a must have.

·
on line
1,361 Posts
ok the front of the box is 15 inches across. The back of the box is 8 inches across. It is 9 inches deep and around 17.5 inches tall.

So the total front of the box where the sub goes is 15 x 17.5
The total back of the sub box is 8 by 17.5.

I then took the front and the back and lined them up to the right side of the box see pic above.

Rember to factor in what ever thickness of wood you are using into you measurements. I used 1/2 inch mdf, so my top piece and bottom piece added an inch to mine so in reality the way I built it my front piece is only truly 16.5 inches tall.

If you are good at wood working the above makes complete sense. I am not and had to think it through to make sure I designed it correctly.

Also make sure to cut your sub hole a little to the right of the box as the left side comes in at an angle and you dont' want you sub to hit the back.

I also routed some of the corners so it would fit better and put a little foam underneath to soak up vibrations.

oh and paint it to match so its hidden better :) I painted mine after i took the pics above

·
on line
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great, really appreciate the info. I am going to start the saw tomorrow. thanks again

·
on line
1,206 Posts
Awesome job lostboy! Thanks for the info...

·
on line
1,361 Posts
i got advice from USMC and took the spot from him so I can't claim any of the credit. If you check his write up on stereo install his box looks like it was made to fit perfectly.

Also the design I have it top heavy (which is why you see a bungee cord) I also used a bracket, bolt, and washers to attached the bottom to the track system so it won't slide.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts