Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw MC make a comment on the welcome forum about removing the rear stabilizer bars as an easy and free mod. I get the free part, but out of curiosity (since I have not done it yet) is this something worth doing and leaving the X setup without them or just when one is about to head off road? If I did do this permanently, are there any known repercussions?

·
on line
1,407 Posts
First off the rear stabilizer is really tiny, and doesn't do a whole lot. Therefore taking it off doesn't have a huge effect. If you took off your front it would be another story. Taking it off will help with your rear articulation. Combined with a lift you will keep the tires on the ground more.

·
on line
463 Posts
Orrr, you could get the quick disconnects for your stabilizers and have the sway bar for your daily drive
and,
When you go OR, simply remove the pins and have at it.
I installed mine just yesterday and they even look neat,,,all chrome and high-tech with the pins and keepers.
Very Easy Install Too !
JimB

·
on line
204 Posts
prod39 said:
Orrr, you could get the quick disconnects for your stabilizers and have the sway bar for your daily drive
and,
When you go OR, simply remove the pins and have at it.
I installed mine just yesterday and they even look neat,,,all chrome and high-tech with the pins and keepers.
Very Easy Install Too !
JimB
Where did you purchase yours?

·
on line
1,407 Posts
Bump for disconnects that I didn't know existed!

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I definitely third the link for the quick disconnect option. Anyone happen to have that link?

·
on line
463 Posts
Yeppers ....these came from 4x4parts.com.
Pompano Beach, Fla.
954-971-3510

But as they said, you really have to make it clear that your vehicle is an 05 and they do have them, as the person on the phone almost shipped the 04 QRs.
I reminded the person on the order desk that I was sure they had these as I had gotten thjis info online and they are NOT listed in their catalog yet.

Cost about a hundred bucks and you have to drill the existing mounts to .50 inches for the mounting bolts.

Very, Very Happy with the install
Just Ordered Bilstein 5100s for the rear this am
Gotta keep the economy moving !
JimB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts