Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
245 Posts
I just ordered those exact speakers. They will fit with an adapter plate...

I also ordered the exact same 6x9's. I don't know if you are ordering from crutchfield, or whether you are just using it as a reference for fittings and reviews like i did, but i would recommend checking ebay out. I ordered from "pro audio electronic" on ebay, 6x9's were 85 shipped and the 5.25's were 60ish shipped. :cheers:

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
^^ yeah i'm getting them off of ebay...same seller you mentioned.... doesnt make sense to pay double for them. let me know how they fit once you get em. where'd you get the adapter plate from?
________
Medical marijuana

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Local shop can sell you an adapter i think even Wal Mart has em. They are pretty universal. I just seal around them with a good quality tape when finished. (To push the sound out) I think it's so odd they have large speakers up front and smaller ones in the rear. I did a how to on adding tweeters up high here somewhere, consider doing that at the same time it was SO worth it sound wise! MC

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
^ thanks dude! the guy on ebay includes tweeters with his set.... so i guess i have 2 pairs of tweeters with the deal now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/INFINITY-KAPPA-...hZ005QQcategoryZ14942QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

i went to circuit city to get a receiver....free install my a**. they want $20 for the harness and $65 for the mounting brackets. i guess i'll get the radio from crutchfield....they include all install gear and detailed instructions for your car.

btw, is 14.99 a good price for the adapter plates? I think the ones below should work. thanks
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-5h5PxEUrA8r/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?I=142SAC656
________
WEB SHOWS

·
on line
245 Posts
juntao said:
^^ yeah i'm getting them off of ebay...same seller you mentioned.... doesnt make sense to pay double for them. let me know how they fit once you get em. where'd you get the adapter plate from?
My guess is you'll have yours set up before mine. I had mine shipped to my home in beaverton, and the estimated delivery date is when I will be off at OSU again. I'll probably be all set up in late january. As for the adaptor plate, I think I am going to have the speakers installed at a shop, so I am hoping they will have one that will work...

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
125inA30zone said:
crutchfield should send u the brackets for free.
ya, but i'm not buying from crutchfield. they are charging $169 for the 6x9 speakers... i got em off of ebay, new w/free shipping for $85. rears were cheaper off of ebay too. i guess i'll take it in to an audio shop and have them mount em.

cHurt... i'll repost after i get mine on...should be within a week....btw, if you want to hear what they sound like, let me know....i'm a few miles away from OSU
________
Ebony Webcams

·
on line
1,574 Posts
good call then. they have great customer service, but theyre prices are inflated soo much

·
on line
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
125inA30zone said:
good call then. they have great customer service, but theyre prices are inflated soo much
well, i caved in and picked up the receiver from crutchfield though. even though the price is a bit higher here, it does include detailed install instructions, harness, mounting kit, usb ipod interface, and free shipping. so i don't feel bad about it at all. cant wait to get this on...goodbye crappy stock sound :cheers:
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=300&i=113KDCX591&search=excelon&tp=5684
________
EleonoraR live

·
on line
245 Posts
juntao said:
cHurt... i'll repost after i get mine on...should be within a week....btw, if you want to hear what they sound like, let me know....i'm a few miles away from OSU
Well I'm looking forward to the pics, but i go Oregon State University, not Ohio State so hearing them might be a problem... :drunken:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts