Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though it's a big maybe on whether I can get them (See my post from Welcome portion of forums as to why), we still may have enough cash for some rear shocks and the brake lines to go with them. I already have shackles and AAL, and was curious if anyone had any suggestions as to what shocks would be nice in the rear for this upgrade to allow for better travel with both the lifts that are there. At this point, I was just thinking of ordering from 4x4parts and getting http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html...2&ps_session=5c032df3f42ec2850d8e6d509cab8764 but I am open to suggestions.

·
on line
3,262 Posts
I have those and are completely satisfied. But remember they are selling those individually, not per pair. And remember to get the ones for 1-3 inces of lift (i think you have the right ones piced out).

Another good shock to look into is the pro comp MX6 which is also adjustable.

·
on line
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just ordered a pair of those this morning, making sure I also picked the ones for 1-3" of lift. I also picked up the rear brake line extensions. Never having messed with the brake lines on this car, are those easy bolt ons as they look, or is there a little more to them?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Erick said:
Just ordered a pair of those this morning, making sure I also picked the ones for 1-3" of lift. I also picked up the rear brake line extensions. Never having messed with the brake lines on this car, are those easy bolt ons as they look, or is there a little more to them?
They are pretty easy to install. You do have to bleed the brakes after you install them and be prepared to get some brake fluid on the ground.

I also suggest picking up a line wrench. I think the lines on the X are 10mm, but there is a how to some place on these lines. A line wrench looks like a boxed end wrench with a section cut out. It allows the wrench to wrap around the flare nut so you do not strip it.

Do a quick search and you should find the how to. If you can not, let me know and I’ll dig it up.

·
on line
463 Posts
Did you not like the Bilsteins ?
And don't they make a longer travel ?
I have been exploring the 5100 series.
JimB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts