Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After following the NHTSA link from the Seat Wear topic and searching the 2006 Xterra, I discovered a complaint that I noticed in my '06 Off-Road.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/complaintsearch.cfm

It seems the left rear seat buckle and center buckle are installed in a way that is reversed from how they should be. They share a common mounting point under the rear seat. I intend to correct the problem myself.

Any one else notice this?

-Old Army

·
on line
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The seatbelt guy at the Nissan plant must have called in sick only to be replace by a dyslexic temp.

-Old Army

·
on line
1,884 Posts
S_e_X-Terra said:
I havent noticed I only ride (drive) in the drivers seat!!! :la:
We know what you do in th back...

·
on line
266 Posts
this is common in cars...

ive seen 2-3 different makes of vehicles where the center seatbelt crosses over the outside seatbelt to buckle. this leads me to believe that there is a reason for this and that it isnt a mistake

·
on line
315 Posts
I think it's because it's already cramped back there with 3 people...so much so that you can't get a comfortable angle on the seat belt without them crossing. Imagine they didn't cross, the seat belts would have to wrap around you pretty tight, I would think that wouldn't be pleasant. I dunno if I explained right, it's hard to describe what I mean...

·
on line
1,479 Posts
you are right. the belts crossing allow for a wider person than if it was the other way.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts