Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012, Nissan Xterra
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so lately my rear end has been riding super rough. My current set up is adjustable shackles set at 2”, OME HD leaf packs, Billstien 5160 shocks, PRG U bolt flip kit, and 3 Degree shims. Any ideas as to why? Leafs packs are about 30k old and shocks are only 10k old. Anyone go any input? Here’s a pic of my set up
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

·
Registered
77 Posts
What do you mean by "super rough"? Any leaks from your shocks? It may be camera effect, but it looks like your leaf packs are very flat.

·
Registered
2012, Nissan Xterra
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you mean by "super rough"? Any leaks from your shocks? It may be camera effect, but it looks like your leaf packs are very flat.
Sorry, just super hard over Pot hole and speed bumps. I checked earlier today and the driver side shock is leaking a little but I mean this has been going on for a few months now. Passenger side shocks is just fine. Could my shocks be to long or to short? And what is the camera effect?

·
Registered
77 Posts
The shocks need to be sized for however much lift you have. For example, if you used stock shocks with a 3" lift the shocks will limit the down-travel of the axle and the ride will suck. If the shocks are too long you could bottom out the shocks. You should have shocks the right size (length) for the amount of lift you have.
I had a 2-2.5" lift a couple years ago with stock P4X shocks (5100s) and the ride was quite rough.

·
Registered
2012, Nissan Xterra
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The shocks need to be sized for however much lift you have. For example, if you used stock shocks with a 3" lift the shocks will limit the down-travel of the axle and the ride will suck. If the shocks are too long you could bottom out the shocks. You should have shocks the right size (length) for the amount of lift you have.
I had a 2-2.5" lift a couple years ago with stock P4X shocks (5100s) and the ride was quite rough.
So I purchased these shocks from nisstec and selected the “ 2”-2.5” “ option. I didn’t measure them but I do remember them being longer than my old billstein which were 23.5” . Is it possible nisstec sent me the wrong length or am I dealing with a leaf pack problem?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts