Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the past couple mornings i have been getting a popping noise when i back out of my driveway. it pops in 4 foot increments. i think it has something to do with the emergency brake freezing up. it has been raining here for 2 days straight and freezing overnight.

anyone else experence this?

any thoughts?

-dan

·
on line
3,272 Posts
something stuck in your tires? just a guess. 4 ft seems like a full tire rotation to me.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, just in reverse and its not a rock in my tire. sounds like binding then breaking free

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why would it make a noise in the morning and not in the afternoon or any other time? because it settles?

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im pretty sure they are not rubbing. btw, no popping this morning. it was above freezing.

i remember my dodge dakota's emergency brake freezing and i couldnt move forward or reverse. its a pretty common thing. water gets in the braking system, freezes overnight, then evaporates/thaws when it warms up.

ill keep you guys up to date.

thanks again

·
on line
3,272 Posts
sounds like you're on to something. you know i didnt realize you were the dude with the home made rear bumper. great job man. it looks really good. i too prefer your 2nd design.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts