Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guy I bought a 2008 Xterra 4x4 recently and now have some issues with the hatch.

Dumb me didn't fine tooth the rig before I traded and I am now paying for it..not bad though as I am still happy to be in an Xterra.

The Issue is that the rear hatch was squeaking and sometime the hatch would stick closed. I removed the back panel and found some clips were broken off thus the squeak.

Shortly after the rear hatch locked up and key nor fob will unlock. AND the key will not go into the tumbler in the rear hatch. I have WD40'd the heck out of everything and the key will only go half way in.

Repair: For a new power actuator assembly I am looking at....... $120
New tumbler assembly and key is............................... $ 35
New back pannel .....................................................$140
Question:Could I have the tumbler cylinder matched to my existing key of will I forever have a second key for the rear hatch, Or could I disconnect the rear cylinder, instal the new power actuator, use only the key fob to unlock? This way just forgetting about a rear key lock? I know the power assembly connects to the tumbler, and the back side of the tumbler appears to move freely...

Thanks for any help and assistance. BTW I love the Xterra platform and consider this an economy 4x4 compared to my old lifted Titan.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts