Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
on line
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookie what I got!! :happy7: I should be able to put it on this weekend. Now before it starts...I didn't get it to go past 70MPH. The roof rack is very dominating and then it just drops off the back. This lip, for me anyway, makes it look cleaner. Plus, I mean, I get like 25 more HP...:pottytrain5:

·
on line
1,320 Posts
Very cool, supposedly they help keep the back window way cleaner... helps keep the dust down... let us know how it works.

·
on line
844 Posts
oohh.... I really wanna see it on the X! I bet it'll look awesome. I agree with you about the back dropping off abruptly. hey would you like a pair of black tail light guards to go with your black everything else? I was going to install them, but when I custom build these LED tail lights, they won't attach or line up any more so I gotta get rid of them. let me know!!

·
on line
1,479 Posts
sweet keep us updated i want to see it

·
on line
384 Posts
Kal_El said:
Plus, I mean, I get like 25 more HP...
Throw a Tordado Fuel Saver in your intake and you are looking at a 300 HP Xterra!

Seriously, you do realize that pictures are a MUST once you get this installed.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well Pictures a mush when installed but he is 1st so he needs to do a step by step how to! And post it in how to! That's how people get a look at what it takes and if they are up to it and order away! I want to see this one myself. I have done a few of these of different cars, man, the measure twice and drill once rule is certainly in effect on that one! The tape on alignment tools sure take the edge off the thrill factor!
I think AC has a picture posted after installed don't they? MC

·
on line
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys! The directions came with a template that I am suppossed to outline on the X with a grease pencil, after that it says to drill. The spoiler comes with the adhesive so after I drill into the hatch I am going to place the spoiler where I outlined, then drill into the spoiler and bolt down. It doesn't look hard, its just getting the placement just right. I am installing tomorrow and will post pictures and how to instructions and anything else that is applicable.

Hopefully this doesn't take too long, there are some good college footbal games tomorrow!

·
on line
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys. I just finished the install here are some pics. I have to write a paper tonight so the write up and how to will have to come later. It wasn't the easiest install plus you have to drill into your X! Hope you like the pics. I also uploaded a couple more videos here:

http://www.dropshots.com/scottieku

·
on line
134 Posts
Looks good. Nice job. I thought for a moment that such a thing would be nice for me as they really do keep the rear window clean when you drive lots of dirt roads like we have out West. Also would make a nice mounting point for some rear accessory lights. Problem is I think it would take a beating from loading stuff on top. I carry kayaks pretty often which wouldnt be much of a problem but other things that I've carried on top might make some pretty unsightly scratches and, god forbid, gouges into the plastic (or is it fiberglass?). Just my thoughts, looks good on your rig though. I'm also curious if it creates enough down force to help with high speed manuevers (ie provide more stability when avoiding idiots around the DC area who refuse to signal or even look before changing lanes :angryfire: )? The box-on-wheels design Nissan used for our X's might make any such thing a null point anyway. I will however point out that the limited slip and ABS work beautifully (acutally used both for the first time in 26K miles last week) which is good since the crappy stock rubber on the OR X pretty much sucks on wet pavement.

Wow, is there a law against drinking and posting here? :drunken:

·
on line
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BioMan said:
Looks good. Nice job. I thought for a moment that such a thing would be nice for me as they really do keep the rear window clean when you drive lots of dirt roads like we have out West. Also would make a nice mounting point for some rear accessory lights. Problem is I think it would take a beating from loading stuff on top. I carry kayaks pretty often which wouldnt be much of a problem but other things that I've carried on top might make some pretty unsightly scratches and, god forbid, gouges into the plastic (or is it fiberglass?). Just my thoughts, looks good on your rig though. I'm also curious if it creates enough down force to help with high speed manuevers (ie provide more stability when avoiding idiots around the DC area who refuse to signal or even look before changing lanes :angryfire: )? The box-on-wheels design Nissan used for our X's might make any such thing a null point anyway. I will however point out that the limited slip and ABS work beautifully (acutally used both for the first time in 26K miles last week) which is good since the crappy stock rubber on the OR X pretty much sucks on wet pavement.

Wow, is there a law against drinking and posting here? :drunken:
LOL. Thanks. If you use your rack a bunch and especially if it utilizes the rear part of the rack then I would probably not recommend it. As for the down force, probably not much of a difference. Probably the best thing to do would get better tires, our brick on wheels is a monster on a straight away, but steering to me isn't that great, but i'm on 22's and low pro's.
DUDE.... have another: :drink:

·
on line
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dragonplayboy said:
what happened to your taillights?
I forgot to tell you....I'm waiting for that LED conversion!!! LOL. I actually took them off, not sure if I want to keep them. I might try and sell them but I am not too sure. I like them a bunch, but I just don't want the wrong attention, probably going to simmer down the tint a bit too. I want the taillights to be all red.

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Awsome... it looks great.. any changes on performance?

·
on line
1,084 Posts
Hmm 22's on an all blacked out X wit dual exhaust and custom grill...I'm sure it was the taillights attracting the attention

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Well I have to commend you on all the work you did, you took a different direction than most of us here but that is one Bad Azz X! Man is that clean looking! I'd like to just look at it in person and admire all the fine details you have going on there. Way cool. Geographical location certainly has something to do with the direction of the MODS, but I see a few there I would not mind doing. Gotta love the BLK OUT.

And hey! You got it on straight! My father in law works at Cadillac as a painter/body tech, he wouldn't even put mine on but told me how. He hates doing them.... it's so easy to loose focus and jack it up. MC

·
on line
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
B REAL said:
Hmm 22's on an all blacked out X wit dual exhaust and custom grill...I'm sure it was the taillights attracting the attention
Hmmm... There are plenty of black SUV's around here with rims. It's my 5% tint and tinted taillights that do attract the LAW a tad bit more. Those two things do make a difference. My X is going to attract attention, I just don't want it to be the LAW.

·
on line
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
usmc xterra said:
Well I have to commend you on all the work you did, you took a different direction than most of us here but that is one Bad Azz X! Man is that clean looking! I'd like to just look at it in person and admire all the fine details you have going on there. Way cool. Geographical location certainly has something to do with the direction of the MODS, but I see a few there I would not mind doing. Gotta love the BLK OUT.

And hey! You got it on straight! My father in law works at Cadillac as a painter/body tech, he wouldn't even put mine on but told me how. He hates doing them.... it's so easy to loose focus and jack it up. MC
Thanks MC! You are absolutely correct! If I lived back in Colorado I would be saying shrock this and shrock that. I love the offroad X's, since I love the new X platform I will most likely get an offroad when I move back to CO, until then I am lovin Cali! I wish everyone could see my X in person. It looks really nice at night and lots of people ask me what it is, i like that. I get plenty of compliments, but there are soooooo many nice cars and trucks out here mine is just another SUV, nothing special out here.

Man that thing was a [email protected] to get on straight. I was so nervous drilling into the X and trying to make sure that I got it right. Thankfully the spoiler contours with the X so it is kind of hard to misplace it, it is just tracing and placing of the spoiler when the adhesive is exposed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts