Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Based on my research, it looks like I am going to go with coils + TC UCAs. What would be a good option for the rear suspension? I am not planning on towing anything, but I'd like to get Schrock bumpers for the front and the rear.

Thank you!

·
on line
2,573 Posts
Did some looking around and every X running that front set-up has a different rear set-up.

There are a couple w/ Alcan spring but they range in lift and load rate.

From .5" of lift w/ AC shackles to 4" with stock shackle. They also have different load rates as well, which range from +50lbs over stock to 200lbs over stock.

The other option is the 2.5" ( or is it 2" ) Deaver Mini Pack from PRG. This is what Greg suggests when you place your order for the Radflo w/ TC UCAs. I really can't remember all the info he gave me as the pros and cons of both systems but when you call he will give you Everything you ever wanted to know.

The other thing is the shocks

You can go with the 5125 Extended length or the RadFlo rears that someone had made for them from PRG or venture off on your own with Ranchos or another brand.

The info that I don't have that will help you with the shocks is what Length you should run in the rear w/ 3" of lift.

Ext # of inches
Comp # of inches
and travel # of inches

It all depends on what you want to do

If and when you place your order could you post all the Tech info of what you ordered. It will help others later on down the road with all the option available.

Later and good hunting

DaveP

·
on line
3,262 Posts
Im going to be selling my alcan leaf packs here shortly.... they are 1.25" lift with 250 extra pounds of carrying capacity. I also have a set of calmini shackles that im not going to be using (came with my calmini lift). let me know if you are interested. they will go fast and for cheap.

·
on line
576 Posts
mcampana said:
And why all the alcans?! You know Deaver is an actual company that can make you a rear suspension pack to replace the one we have. Whenever i decide to get rid of what i have, thats who im going to call for new leaf springs.
Replace Deaver with Alcan and you just answered your own question.

·
on line
576 Posts
mcampana said:
Read more carefully.............If and when i replace what i have, i will replace it with a FULL set from deaver. I never infered os stated id get alcans.
Alcan is a full set leaf pack. From what you posted, it seemed you were refering that Alcan wasn't a full replacement pack.

EDIT: And what I meant by replacing Alcan with Deaver was this, "You know Alcan is an actual company that can make you a rear suspension pack to replace the one we have"

·
on line
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will inquire about the Deaver Mini Pack. Unfortunately, PRG's web site does not show a complete them. If the price is right and if I can get extra carrying capacity, then why not?

·
on line
2,573 Posts
If I remember correctly the Deaver Mini pack is about half the price of the Alcans but it also has half as many leafs as the Alcans.

Give Greg a call at PRG today and your questions will be answered.

If you are going to get 100% Shrocked tell him so he can ship the Rads with a stiffer spring ( it will help with the front bumper sag right out of the box ).

·
on line
15,651 Posts
But so can Alcan and they have been making them for the X now for awhile. Not that Deaver can not, but they would have to get all the correct measurments and so forth. You can right now just call Alcan and say I want this much lift with this much spring rate and in a few weeks have a spring at your door.

Either or, they are all pretty much the same when you are going with a complete spring replacement.

And yes, the Deaver mini Pack is much cheaper than the Alcan springs, but you are getting a lot less. With the Deavers you are stuck with the crappy stock leafs, so it's not comparing apples to apples.

·
on line
582 Posts
Squeeking.... if you lost the plastic on the ends of the springs. Or you have some "pebbles"between the leafs. :cyclops:

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Mark,

Others in the thread were comparing the Alcan spring packs to the Deaver mini-packs.

What Pony was pointing out is this...

"You know Deaver is an actual company that can make you a rear suspension pack to replace the one we have."

"You know Alcan is an actual company that can make you a rear suspension pack to replace the one we have."

Both of the above statements are true. People picked Alcan because that was the first shop that was contacted (by Pony?) to build a full spring pack for the new X's. I am sure Deavers can do just as good of a job as Alcan has done, just no one has done it to my knowledge.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts