Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been procrastinating changing the rear lifters.... you open the hatch, it drops a few inches, and stays there. Its on the list of things to get done eventually.

This morning was cold, a rare event in New Orleans (under 40F even! We had FROST!).
Did you know the lifters don't work as well in cold? I opened the hatch and leaned in to get something out this morning... Priority on changing the lifters increased in proportion to the size of the knot on my head... ouch.

Autozone says $30 each but they can't get them. anyone have a better source?

·
Banned
4,806 Posts

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I ordered the extended version 175lb ones through mcmaster carr and I think they were under $40 for both. Took me 5 minutes a side and still one of the best mods I've done.
this is the way to go!! gives you a little more room when opened aslo, so if your tall, you'll appreciate that!! like i do!!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I ordered the extended version 175lb ones through mcmaster carr and I think they were under $40 for both. Took me 5 minutes a side and still one of the best mods I've done.
Happen to know the part # or compressed and extended lengths? Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
on line
3,171 Posts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
In case you missed it the first and second time, this thread has everything you need

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthread.php?t=51485&highlight=rear+hatch+struts

:drunken:
What's the part number? How do I do this?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
If you should need it and missed it, this thread, has everything.

http://www.thenewx.org/forum/showthr...r+hatch+struts

:toothy9:

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I've been procrastinating changing the rear lifters.... you open the hatch, it drops a few inches, and stays there. Its on the list of things to get done eventually.

This morning was cold, a rare event in New Orleans (under 40F even! We had FROST!).
Did you know the lifters don't work as well in cold? I opened the hatch and leaned in to get something out this morning... Priority on changing the lifters increased in proportion to the size of the knot on my head... ouch.

Autozone says $30 each but they can't get them. anyone have a better source?
I got both for about 35 bucks from courtesy parts.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone have a link for a stronger aftermarket hatch lifter that will also add an inch or two of lift to my hatch? Tired of banging my head on it. Not sure if I just need a stronger lifter or an actual longer one.

Anyone have feedback on this one? StrongArm 6137 Nissan Xterra 2007 Liftgate Lift Support.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I went with the cheapest ones I could find on amazon, I think they were about $6 each - didn't even have a name brand on them. They are great, wouldn't want them to be any stronger. They've been on for over a year and are just as strong as the day I put them on.

I have to really slam the hatch to get it to swing down - couldn't imagine going with the stronger 175 lb struts everyone's throwing on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts