Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
TNX Veteran
4,240 Posts
Nice, might as well hard wire it now with a switch :p
That's like 300% more work for 20% more benefit IMO haha. I doubt I'll touch it. If had to do it again I would do the same setup but get one that changes colors. I wouldn't mind disco lights for funsies or dimming/red lights for night when I don't want to blind everyone

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
For me, the simplest and easiest solution for additional light in the hatch area was a battery powered LED flashlight/lantern with magnetic base and hook for hanging. It fits in a cupholder, charges from any USB port, and sticks where ever I need it. More versatile than a fixed light.

Another inexpensive (and movable) solution are ordinary tap lights with adhesive or velcro.

As a side note, for anyone looking for a bat powered lantern, this is by far the best, and most advanced LED lantern on the market. It’s an incredible light. So much so, that you kind of have to be a flashlight nerd to appreciate it.
The only lantern that comes remotely close is the Fenix CL30R.

·
Registered
11 Posts
As a side note, for anyone looking for a bat powered lantern, this is by far the best, and most advanced LED lantern on the market. It’s an incredible light. So much so, that you kind of have to be a flashlight nerd to appreciate it.
The only lantern that comes remotely close is the Fenix CL30R.

I have the BLF-LT1 and it is a freaking awesome light! With the possible exception of its charging port cover.

Source: Am a flashlight nerd.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have the BLF-LT1 and it is a freaking awesome light! With the possible exception of its charging port cover.

Source: Am a flashlight nerd.
It is a great light, no doubt. If you stick four 3500mah batts in it, the runtimes are just crazy.

If I had one gripe, it would be to make it shorter and squattier. I think the form factor of the CL30R is more appropriate for a lantern honestly. I also think they should make a non Anduril version. 95% of the camping lantern market doesn't want/need the elaborate UI. That said, it's still the best LED lantern on the market.

·
Registered
985 Posts
It is a great light, no doubt. If you stick four 3500mah batts in it, the runtimes are just crazy.

If I had one gripe, it would be to make it shorter and squattier. I think the form factor of the CL30R is more appropriate for a lantern honestly. I also think they should make a non Anduril version. 95% of the camping lantern market doesn't want/need the elaborate UI. That said, it's still the best LED lantern on the market.
What's the runtime with 3500mah? Is it 4 18650?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

If I had one gripe, it would be to make it shorter and squattier. I think the form factor of the CL30R is more appropriate for a lantern honestly. I also think they should make a non Anduril version. 95% of the camping lantern market doesn't want/need the elaborate UI.
What's the runtime with 3500mah? Is it 4 18650?
Yes, it's four 18650.
On 3500s it will truly do 600 lumens with no step downs or regulations for like 6 hours straight. When you bump down to lower settings like 200 lumens, you stretch it out to a literal 20+ hours of full regulated output.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Yes, it's four 18650.
On 3500s it will truly do 600 lumens with no step downs or regulations for like 6 hours straight. When you bump down to lower settings like 200 lumens, you stretch it out to a literal 20+ hours of full regulated output.
I've got a bunch of dewalt tools including a chainsaw, when the battery runs down on the chainsaw I can still use it on my light: 20V MAX* LED Hand Held Area Light (Tool Only)

·
TNX Veteran
4,240 Posts
FYI actually got to use this a bit more tonight. Very useful light output - I just wanted to comment that it actually spills over to the center of the truck very nicely as well. WAY overpowers the stock light in the headliner above the passenger seats, especially if the seats are down

·
Registered
11 Posts

I definitely see a market for a light in that configuration, but I'd hate giving up the ability to ramp color temp.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Im a Dewalt guy too. I actually have that light. It’s good a good light, but it’s not in the same spectrum as the LT1. Two totally different lights .
I might have to look into it further then. I have a few dozen 18650s sitting idle from my aborted battery build. When you say spectrum do you mean CRI or something else? I've been mostly using nice CRI headlamps/lights but never considered one for a lantern.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I might have to look into it further then. I have a few dozen 18650s sitting idle from my aborted battery build. When you say spectrum do you mean CRI or something else? I've been mostly using nice CRI headlamps/lights but never considered one for a lantern.
Oh, I was just using “spectrum” casually, like they aren’t very similar lights.

But the LT1s emitters are 90+ CRI, so about as good as you’re going to get.

As mentioned above, it also infinitely ramps from 2700k - 5000k. It’s one of the stand out features of the light. Most “work” lights like the dewalt are low CRI, 5500k+. emitters. Not great for camping and casual outdoor use.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts