Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
on line
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Made this to replace a trashed gate handle and found it has the added benefit of dropping about 2" lower than the Nissan handle; great for the extra ease in reaching up to close on a lifted Xterra. It's flex so it allows you to swing and fling the gate closed a little easier too. Just a little extra piece that's nice if your X's handle is broken or just tired of standing on tip-toes to close your back up.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Made this to replace a trashed gate handle and found it has the added benefit of dropping about 2" lower than the Nissan handle; great for the extra ease in reaching up to close on a lifted Xterra. It's flex so it allows you to swing and fling the gate closed a little easier too. Just a little extra piece that's nice if your X's handle is broken or just tired of standing on tip-toes to close your back up.
Great call!!! I bet whoever came up with that idea was pure genius!!! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,791 Posts
how likely is it to get caught in the hatch when you close it?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
how likely is it to get caught in the hatch when you close it?
Doesn't hang low enough to catch in the opening on the gate.
It does indeed get caught in the hatch.

See below:
1. Installed Raingler handle

2. Close hatch (Notice it is pinched between the floor of the cargo area and the bottom of the lift gate. You can see the hatch latch in the lower right part of the pic and the open door light is illuminated on the dash.)

To fix:
1. Rotate attachment points 90 deg so the stitched portion faces the bottom of the lift gate

2. Close the lift gate. (Notice the handle laying free on the floor of the cargo area. The hatch latch is still visible but not to the extent of the other picture. The door open light is not illuminated on the dash)

Last note, I received this handle on July 2nd and the fabric around the grommet is pulling out, and have used the rear handle maybe a total of 6 times per day. I have not yet addressed this with Raingler but will follow up on Monday.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Just broke mine with too much stuff in the back wheeling this last weekend. Ordered a factory replacement from courtesy. Under $20. Almost thinking I would prefer yours than another hard plastic though

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
on line
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Done! Works great with the existing handle. I'll put the new one on when I receive it tomorrow. Thanks again Raingler!
Thanks for the email and followup pics, toss the defective one unless you have an old tacklebox you can use it on.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 18 of 18 Posts