Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that Nissan is no longer installing the rear engine cover on Xterras as of Feb 11th. I still have the bracket to mount it, but thats all. The part I am talking about has the "V6 4.0" in chrome on top of it. Do you guys have this part in stock, and if so, how much is it? According to my dealer, Nissan does not even make the part anymore and said that they cannot even order one now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
on line
807 Posts
Well, if I haven't heard anything about them not putting them on Frontiers and Pathfinders, so if they say they don't make them for the X anymore, just order it for the Frontier or Pathfinder, it is the same cover.
If that is true though, that sucks, the engine isn't going to look as nice without it.
Might want to try a junkyard too.

·
Premium Member
3,628 Posts
Odd, I just checked Nissan Inventory, and NO PDC (Parts Distribution Centers) show this part at all, so they may be phasing them out.
The Fronty and Path use the same part number so it will not be just an extrra thing.
I do see a new part number for the 2008 Pathfinder though, but I do not know if it will work
I will keep an eye on this, they are probably just backordered, and not phased out.

Brian

·
on line
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brian,
Thank you for checking up on this for me. S_e_X-Terra just let me know that I can have his since he no longer needs it. There may still be more people out there though that want the cover on their engine that don't get it from the factory.

·
on line
246 Posts
Jerseyparts said:
I do see a new part number for the 2008 Pathfinder though, but I do not know if it will work

Brian
The 2008 Pathfinder has the 5.6L V8 from the titan now. The new part number is probably the V8 engine cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts