Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
on line
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone received one of these and put it on yet? I was wondering how it looked in terms of protection and strength. Also, who has them on order and hasn't received them yet? I am hoping this is something that they have in stock, and that I won't be waiting forever to receive. Thanks for any input, guys.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
I'm going to order one here soon. It'll be nice to have. :D

·
on line
122 Posts
ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!

Just got off the phone with AC and the rear diff skid is only for the C200 axle. The Dana 44 axle is being developed and will be out in 2-3 weeks. :bounce:

·
on line
496 Posts
WHAT!!!!! I'm still waiting for mine to come in and they said it was going out this week. Not once have they said anything about the different types. MC you've cursed me. :clown:

·
on line
496 Posts
Dang they're closed now. So they said 2-3months er weeks

·
on line
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, if I ordered mine, and they told me 2 weeks until shipping because it's still in manufacturing, does that mean that they actually read that section where you put in your year, make, model, mods when you place the order? I just don't want to end up with the wrong one. I need the Dana skid, so maybe I should call them to make sure I get the right one when they ship it.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Grunzen said:
WHAT!!!!! I'm still waiting for mine to come in and they said it was going out this week. Not once have they said anything about the different types. MC you've cursed me. :clown:
LOL Nope, they treat everyone the same way! LOL
MC

G

·
0 Posts
I was going to order mine 3 weeks ago when they came out with it "on their web site"

I was ready to push submit on my order... because I wanted the skid for the run on 2/25 to GWNF here in VA. ok, then i started to think about my past experience with AC, and I kind of KNEW that it wouldnt be that easy.

I didnt place the order, and im glad I didnt. saved me a bunch of headaches and angry phone calls.

no one as far as i know has received a skid so far. and its been 3 weeks. and shipping from Florida to most of the east coast is 1-2 days. 3 to the midwest.

go figure. AC selling parts they dont have... who woulda thought!?

who wants to go into business with me, selling parts? we could clean up as long as we only sell what we have on hand, and ship it on time.

·
on line
496 Posts
LOL I was just talking to the wife about that very thing today. But the [email protected]?N Army thinks I haven't spent enough time overseas otherwise I'd be trying to set up a fabrication business. well at least after I learn to make my welds pretty like Calmini and Shrockworks.

·
on line
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will that work on ours? I don't know if I was tired when I checked under the truck to confirm the diff on my truck, but I counted 12 bolts on it. I have an automatic OR, and the rear end had a dana part number sticker on it, and the diff had that bulge on the back like the dana 44, but I thought I counted 12 bolts. Can someone else confirm so that I know I didn't get some freak diff on my truck? :cyclopsani:

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Well, see that won't really protect too much unless you are backing up. that is more to protect the front diff on a jeep (or a SAS'ed X).

·
on line
1,884 Posts
That's why I come here to the experts! :cheers:

·
on line
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Damn, I forgot to call AC about the status on those diff guards. Has anyone contacted them recently to find out where they are with those?

·
on line
2,081 Posts
The Dana44 variant on the X has 12 bolts, I already researched this quite extensively after scraping my diff on a rock and making it leak.

Here's the cover from mine once I took it off. The red arrow is the area I had to hammer flat after it pulled away from the diff a little.

Now, after speaking to a few jeepers, who also have Dana44 axels, I am advised that alot of them grind the lip on the bottom of the cover down, which solves the problem of the lip getting hung up on a rock. So basically you would grind the cover where the red arrow is on my pic, so it doesn't hang down below the diff itself. That should solve alot of problems!

·
on line
2,081 Posts
I'm sure as hell getting a diff skid after the PIA fixing the problem. The first time I replaced the cover I failed to get a good seal, so I had to repeat the process the next day - Doh!

Grinding the cover in line with the diff was just another option that I personally won't be doing.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
RiNkY said:
I'm sure as hell getting a diff skid after the PIA fixing the problem. The first time I replaced the cover I failed to get a good seal, so I had to repeat the process the next day - Doh!

Grinding the cover in line with the diff was just another option that I personally won't be doing.
Whew! Touched a spot eh? Ok ok, BOLO for a skid NOT fron AC parts.

MC

·
on line
2,081 Posts
I asked Black Panther if he had any plans to make a Diff skid, I guess he's thinking about it!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts