Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Rear Diff Differences C200 M226

108K views 51 replies 24 participants last post by  ua_xterra_bwidow 
#1 ·
What is the difference between the two diffs? My Xterra is an 07 with 6MT, 4WD. Theoretically which diff would my rig have?
Thanks

#44 ·
Hey Guys I have a 2006 xterra with Auto and C200(8bolt cover) with 3.13 gears. If I wanted to swap for an o/r or Man trans rearend, one with lower gearing, is it a one for one swap or do I need to swap drive shafts also from the other unit. Also if I find an O/R with Locker how hard is it to hook up the electrics to activate the locker. any aftermarket kits for this.. Thanks

#45 ·
I don't know of any aftermarket kits to do that, but if you find an OR M226, just grab everything that's attached. Drive shaft, wiring harness, springs, shocks, etc. Also realize that if you do so I believe you'll need to upgrade the gearing in the front diff, too.

#47 ·
Good call - but with the harness (or even some long jumper wires and the switches) I think it'd be pretty easy to get it to a stock configuration.

#49 ·
c831?

I have a 2007 4X4. my mechanic says i have a c831 (do not know what that means) and he said that there are no bearings in the kits that fit my xterra.

They are telling me i will have to buy a refurbished rear diff.

any ideas of what else i could do besides replace the whole rear diff?

#50 ·
I have a 2007 4X4. my mechanic says i have a c831 (do not know what that means) and he said that there are no bearings in the kits that fit my xterra.

They are telling me i will have to buy a refurbished rear diff.

any ideas of what else i could do besides replace the whole rear diff?
As others have said, you have a c200
A used c200 is cheap, I send mine to a junkyard cause nobody wants em. just match up the gear ratio

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.