Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
on line
16,147 Posts

·
on line
6,543 Posts
Probably one of the C200 variants, not sure which one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Guys I have a 2006 xterra with Auto and C200(8bolt cover) with 3.13 gears. If I wanted to swap for an o/r or Man trans rearend, one with lower gearing, is it a one for one swap or do I need to swap drive shafts also from the other unit. Also if I find an O/R with Locker how hard is it to hook up the electrics to activate the locker. any aftermarket kits for this.. Thanks

·
on line
6,543 Posts
I don't know of any aftermarket kits to do that, but if you find an OR M226, just grab everything that's attached. Drive shaft, wiring harness, springs, shocks, etc. Also realize that if you do so I believe you'll need to upgrade the gearing in the front diff, too.

·
on line
5,157 Posts
You have to swap the front diff to match the rear gearing. Dunno if anything else needs to be changed.

Locker can be wired manually with a switch.

·
on line
6,543 Posts
Good call - but with the harness (or even some long jumper wires and the switches) I think it'd be pretty easy to get it to a stock configuration.

·
Registered
15 Posts
c831?

I have a 2007 4X4. my mechanic says i have a c831 (do not know what that means) and he said that there are no bearings in the kits that fit my xterra.

They are telling me i will have to buy a refurbished rear diff.

any ideas of what else i could do besides replace the whole rear diff?

·
on line
211 Posts
I have a 2007 4X4. my mechanic says i have a c831 (do not know what that means) and he said that there are no bearings in the kits that fit my xterra.

They are telling me i will have to buy a refurbished rear diff.

any ideas of what else i could do besides replace the whole rear diff?
As others have said, you have a c200
A used c200 is cheap, I send mine to a junkyard cause nobody wants em. just match up the gear ratio

41 - 52 of 52 Posts