Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm running into a problem, I have an 06 S and in the past few days have been having problems with my rear defrost. It has been the first of two cold mornings here, and when i get in the truck in the morning, the rear defrost doesn't work. Along with the rear defrost, the A/C button and the Recirculate button don't work either (all three are next to each other). Also I noticed that when it is cold, when i hit mist on the windshield wipers (pushing up on the stock to make the wipers work once) the wipers will go 3-4 times, or a few times they keep going until i mess with the stock a few times.. Does anyone have any ideas or have had the same problem. Yesterday, the all functinos returned to normal once the truck warmed up, but today the same problem but it did not return to normal..

thanks
-kaz

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The wiper thing is because if you use the window washers it will automatically cycle the wipers a few times to clear the window.

As for the defrost, I can't tell you. Do you have an after market radio or have you had the center of the dash off at all? Maybe the control plug is loose?

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply...

For the wiper problem, ever since i bought the truck, its always just wiped once when the mist function is used.. and once the truck seems to warm up, then it wipes once.. it only starts to mafunction when its cold. and when it malfunctions it will wipe a random number of times, somtimes not even shut off, so i don't think its tied into the washer function.

As for defrost, i have done no mods to the truck, it is completely stock. (I want to do a few, just saving some cash right now) Also, i have never removed the dash

·
on line
59 Posts
I've had similar problems with AC controls in cold weather. My vent door motor malfunctioned when cold (it struggled to change positions), but worked properly when warm. Up until a couple of days ago it stopped working altogether. Right now it's stuck in the Face/Feet position regardless of what setting it's at. The problem couldn't have come at a worse time...a couple of days ago it got so cold that frost formed on the INSIDE of the windshield.

I'm taking it in to get fixed when I have my free oil-change next week.

muzikman: i think what kadomkaitis is talking about is the 'Mist' function not the 'Wash' function. When you push up on the wiper knob it's supposed to wipe just once (for driving through fog, etc...). kadomkaitis: I'd take it in to get looked at. Maybe down the road it'll stop working like my vent motor. The only problem is you'd have a hard time duplicating the problem for the dealer to see, since it would be warmed up by the time you get there :)

·
on line
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi X-Prophet

did you take your X in to get fixed? mine is having the same problem with the vent door getting stuck in cold weather and none of the buttons working. Also the light behind that entire panel doesn't work when its cold. Did the dealer fix it? what was the problem?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts