Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to making the shelf for my rear cargo area. I built this shelf with things I just had laying aroubd my shed and I believe it turned out great. I have puctures but dont have a photo sharing account. If you would like to see just message me.
I started by ripping a 2x4 to 57" to span across the hatch of the xterra. I then ripped 2 legs off of the 2x4 at 14 1/4" I assembled the legs at aboubt 36 1/2" apart (to sit on the utilitrak) I had some wire shelving in the shed (2 pieces at 24"×12")so I attatched the shelving to the 2x4 by placing the wire shelving into the hole for the stock cover and then secured the shelving to the 2x4. There is a bit of a gap between the shelves that I may or may not fix by ripping a sheet of plywood. I used the factory utilitrak parts to secure the legs, as well as some hidden zip ties.
Shelf seems sturdy, fits a ton of gear and still allows for plenty of storage underneath. I can also access my tools that I keep under the floor in the hatch. It may not be as fancy and clean as my original idea but the mockup was so strong I'm just leaving it be. I do need to paint it all black but that is a project for
another day.
Again sorry for no pictures. Maybe I'll figure out how to get pictures on here one day.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Entirely too much time has passed. I'd love to see some photos. I dont have access to any kind of metal fabbing and was thinking about making one out of wood myself. I would love to see how someone else make theirs.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys. Sorry there will never be pictures. I ended up totalling the truck 11/10 and have since bought a crew cab pro4x frontier

·
Registered
179 Posts
You going to carbon fiber the tailgate of your M-Class while youre at it? ;-)

...Sweet drawer setup on that one BTW. I want to try something similar but much more low profile. Maybe only 4-6" in height so my dog can still have out back there

Something like this. I am going to build some cargo drawers this summer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46LTSlUi3cM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts