Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So back home and back on track with the Xterra rear bumpers. So far we're going to offer a basic replacement of the stocker and add on features such as 2" receiver, d-ring mounts, tire carrier, gas can mounts, hi-lift mounts....backup lights. Think of anything else??

What other unique products would you like to see? Probably not going to do much with the skidplates at this time but would like to hear some new ideas. Roof racks are not out of the question.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Id love to see a mount that could hold 4 of these http://www.maxtrax.com.au/
between the swingarm and the hatch. 4 of them stacked together are only 4.6" thick.

It should work with everything else on the bumper including the jerry can mounts.

Also, for the jerry can mounts, I would personally like to see something where it locks AND covers the cap. Otherwise they cant steal the can, but they can siphon everything right out of it. Something similar to these mounts possibly:

Sure they can do it to the gas tank too, but there are locking gas caps to prevent that.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Def a light weight front bumper lower price than shrock :) ... when will the rear bumpers be available?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Cool. Looking forward to the bumper. I would really like to replace the stock sheet-metal rear bumper with somethings more stout, and with recovery points. Options for a Jerry can mount would be a plus.

x2 on a low profile roof rack also.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
AJ,
I don't know if we talked about it last Sept. but the mounts for the bumper should include an option to bump the bumper up 2 inches in case someone with a body lift wants one.
I'm all gassed and ready to head West for a trial fit.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Def a light weight front bumper lower price than shrock :) ... when will the rear bumpers be available?
Well now that I have a new general manager who REALLY does a great job of keeping things on track and not letting up the pressure on me....end of August is our deadline. She is keeping the site updated and adding new products so the minute we have the mockup done...it'll be posted up on the main page.
3link with trac bar kit, or 4 link radius arm kit. canitlever kit.

go big or go home.

didnt realize your sliders were so inexpensive, might be calling you soon.
Give me a call anytime! So are you talking a front SAS kit or rear coil kit? I can do custom SAS here in the shop no problem and build MASSIVE links that will split rocks before they even think of bending.
AJ,
I don't know if we talked about it last Sept. but the mounts for the bumper should include an option to bump the bumper up 2 inches in case someone with a body lift wants one.
I'm all gassed and ready to head West for a trial fit.
I really appreciate all your help and it will pay off with the rear bumper. I'll be in touch within the next two weeks for a final mockup! Good call on the bodylift mod.

X2 I am anxious! I live pretty damn close too. :rockin:
You're more than welcome over here anytime for the "grand tour"...well it takes all of 5 minutes. But hey we can brainstorm on new ideas...

So far I'm thinking an aluminum roof rack should be next. :rockin:

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
You're more than welcome over here anytime for the "grand tour"...well it takes all of 5 minutes. But hey we can brainstorm on new ideas...

So far I'm thinking an aluminum roof rack should be next. :rockin:
Cool, maybe I'll try to snag a few of us central IL guys and head up there some weekend.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts