Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
13,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one ever have their jacks hit the tail gate when driving around? I mounted my hi lift and it looks waaaaaaaaaaaay too cloase to the tail gate for my taste. Im going to loosen the main bolts that hold the bumper on and see if i have any room to adjust. Any thoughts/suggestions?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Mine is close, but it's never hit when closed. I have hit the tailgate off the jack if the carrier isn't open all the way.

·
on line
3,484 Posts
Mine is also close, the rubber washers help some, but before I go rock hoping I am going to put a rubber ball on it just in case it goes for the glass! I did have a problem at 1st with the Wiper back there, it got hung up and toasted a fuse, but it was the urethane Hi Lift thingy that caused that, that is why I don't use it, that and it my get lifted. MC

·
on line
1,320 Posts
mine beat the shite out of my rear hatch... had to do some serious spacing (used a 2" long nut on lower bolt to adapt) to get it to work right
OOPS... just noticed that you said "while driving around"... no problem there at all. My problem was when opening the hatch!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts