Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got hassled by a cop for only one rear license plate light (Due to rear end damage, reason I'm buying a Shrockworks rear bumper) Is there any way to speed up the order? I've heard of people paying for a little over time to get it built a Little quicker. Any experience with that? I also really want to tow something this summer :pirate:.

Also I have seen where someone used one stock license plate light as the light for the Shrockworks bumper. Has anyone done that? Any pictures?

·
on line
29 Posts
Got hassled by a cop for only one rear license plate light (Due to rear end damage, reason I'm buying a Shrockworks rear bumper) Is there any way to speed up the order? I've heard of people paying for a little over time to get it built a Little quicker. Any experience with that? I also really want to tow something this summer :pirate:.

Also I have seen where someone used one stock license plate light as the light for the Shrockworks bumper. Has anyone done that? Any pictures?
I relocated one of the stock license plate lights into the hole above the plate holder -- just used the clip that held the light to the stock bumper. Seems to work just fine, though it is a little dim.

·
on line
3,036 Posts
I relocated one of the stock license plate lights into the hole above the plate holder -- just used the clip that held the light to the stock bumper. Seems to work just fine, though it is a little dim.
Mine didnt have a clip, I just cut the ends off so it was flat and double sided taped it.

·
Banned
2,966 Posts
Go to WalMart and buy a cheap light and wire it in for the time being. Who cares if it looks like crap... its just temporary.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
um, the shrock is only going to have one light too. i'm pretty sure they were just fishing for something else to run you in on, since i don't think the law says the number of license plate lights you're supposed to have, just that you need one/some

·
Registered
599 Posts
would replacing the light with an LED work, then you wouldnt have to worry about having the same problem later if the shrock only has 1 as well

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bumper just came in today. I should correct myself, why I got pulled over was one of the lights were dangling, one was still in. Bumper looks amazing! Just don't like the light Shrockworks provides :(

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Bumper just came in today. I should correct myself, why I got pulled over was one of the lights were dangling, one was still in. Bumper looks amazing! Just don't like the light Shrockworks provides :(
oh, yeah, thats a different situation all together. you're not allowed to have any white light directly visible from the rear. this is why cracked/broken taillights will get you pulled over too. i haven't caught any flak from any of the various municipalities with my shrock rear bumper and sad looking plate light. hey, if its good enough for a trailer, its good enough for us, right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts