Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
on line
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering putting on a set of Shrockworks sliders and taking my X to Paragon Adventure Park (Level 1 group). I'm familiar with the type of terrain out there.

It seems like the corner sections of the rear bumper are very vulnerable. Have any of you guys torn them up coming off a rock ledge or tree stump? My truck is a daily driver first and foremost. I'd hate to damage it.

·
on line
291 Posts
I took my X to Paragon completely stock (no sliders or skids) and the only thing that hit was the reciever hitch. You shouldn't have any problems.

·
on line
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, I'm also thinking about the "paragon pinstripes"...I took a nearly new Wrangler there in 2001 and we went through one section that was basically a car wash made of branches. on the jeep it was disappointing (first dent or scratch always is). On the X, oh boy I don't know if I could take it. I guess I've become a big wimp in my old age.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
Scratches are almost a given when you wheel. If you don't want scatches, I wouldn't wheel it. That being said, the green trails at Paragon are not much more than dirt roads.

·
on line
291 Posts
Muzikman said:
Scratches are almost a given when you wheel. If you don't want scatches, I wouldn't wheel it. That being said, the green trails at Paragon are not much more than dirt roads.
I'd have to agree with this. I only hit green 1 trails on my trip and barely hit any branches.
The Pine Barrens in NJ are a completely different story. I too was disappointed when I saw my custon pinestriping. oh well, it's too late now.

·
on line
3,217 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems with the corners on the rear bumper unless you end up backing into something like I did. :pale:

·
on line
1,114 Posts
The green trails are little more than splashing around in the mud or driving on a fire trail. Good choice for a bone stock X with a family of 4 inside (dont forget the dog!). Wanna try some blue trails? You should consider AT or MT tires, some sliders and a mild lift.

Paragon is fun but the trails are not clearly or accurately marked. RC does a better job of trail markings.

·
on line
24 Posts
I did the group 1 run early this month and bent the rocker panel on the passenger side. I must have popped a rock up in to it on a crossing or something. I only got one minor scratch on the driver side and also bent the hitch wiring receiver. the group I ran with had some pickups that took beatings on the crossings, one got hung up because off the long wheel base.

I wish I had waited for sliders. Most trails were pretty clear of branches but then again it is the fall. In spring I bet it is a lot different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts