Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
3,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some searching but didn't find my answer.....what type of cb antenna are you guys using that mounted their antenna on the cb mount tab? I just got a Wilson flex antenna that needs grounded and the wire is short. Ground it on the bumper? Or should I get a ngp antenna and do it that way? I dont have the bumper yet so I haven't looked at any options on mounting it yet.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
As long as your bumper is grounded. You would have to check it. I'm on my phone don't know if you have a tire swingout, but assuming you do since you said cb tab. The arm might not by grounded cause of the bushing for the swing arm.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Yeah, the bumper itself might be grounded, maybe someone else can chime in on that... If not, just ran a wire down the arm like you said and ground to the frame behind the bumper. Or just go NGP.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
The swing arm should be grounded enough for a CB. What kind of bumper? If it's a Shrock then the bushing and washers are brass and the bolt is a zink coated grade 8. That should be plenty of conduction for a CB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts