Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 SE auto 2wd with c200 (2.94). I am in process of acquiring parts to long-travel my X and figured it would be easier to swap the rear axle assembly for one that contains the m226 differential. I found one on eBay but the only info the guy has is that it's from a 2009 4x4. He also provided a vin 5N1AN08W49C009966.
So my question is, will this work to be a direct bolt on swap? I plan to re-gear to accustom my Toyo 35s. Thanks and sorry if this is a noob question..

·
Premium Member
310 Posts
All though I'm fairly sure it is. I can't confirm your question. But, I am interested interested in hearing from someone who can.

Also, I am close by if you need help with this mod.

Do you have titan length brake lines yet? May be a good Idea with long travel. What brackets do you plan on using for the E brake cable?

·
Premium Member
9,952 Posts
Need to verify the number of bolt holes on the companion flange. I believe 2wd normally has 4 and 4wd has 6 (u joint yoke vs cv at rear of DS).

If they both have the right number, then yes, it should be bolt in. Watch your DS length. The pinion of the m226 is longer than it is on the c200k.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All though I'm fairly sure it is. I can't confirm your question. But, I am interested interested in hearing from someone who can.

Also, I am close by if you need help with this mod.

Do you have titan length brake lines yet? May be a good Idea with long travel. What brackets do you plan on using for the E brake cable?
I have titan brake lines for the front. I have the Dirt King Long Travel Race Kit. Will I need titan length brake lines for the rear as well? I was planning on running Xterra brakes with the BORA adapters I have that will allow me to put 6x5.5 wheels on. I have someone that I plan on doing the install along with fabricating some shock hoops and engine cage. I tried to get a quote from BTF but haven't had much luck on getting a reply back.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need to verify the number of bolt holes on the companion flange. I believe 2wd normally has 4 and 4wd has 6 (u joint yoke vs cv at rear of DS).

If they both have the right number, then yes, it should be bolt in. Watch your DS length. The pinion of the m226 is longer than it is on the c200k.
From the picture it shows 6 bolts on the companion flange.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
phx770
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums
We’re the best Nissan Xterra forums to talk about your Nissan Xterra Mods and off-road adventures. The New X is the ultimate club Xterra.
Full Forum Listing