Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
on line
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so as i posted in the other post i blew out my front diff. well the dealer somehow found the picture that i put up for this months TOTM?!?! thats really creapy to me cause they are checking on me and how do they know about this site?

·
on line
15,651 Posts
That is interesting. You have a sticker on your X by chance?

Heck, the dealer I go to sponsors our local club and they have a video of us all wheeling in different areas playing on a small TV on the parts counter.

·
on line
1,206 Posts
mcampana said:
I thought you were goona say you saw Dateline and they had a hidden cammera showing a mechanic rub one out on someones steering wheel after fixing the car.
haha that would be some funny S***

·
on line
3,272 Posts
the real funny part is that his avatar is more detrimental to his case than the picture. if they think that picture is abuse i would sue nissan for false advertisement.

·
on line
316 Posts
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
the real funny part is that his avatar is more detrimental to his case than the picture. if they think that picture is abuse i would sue nissan for false advertisement.
Agreed. Its the most blatant case too because almost everyone of their ads for this truck shows it OFF ROAD. I say we cash in on them now, dumb bastards are ripping us off for doing something that they promote.

·
on line
516 Posts
Midnightblue54 said:
KillJoy LosAngeles said:
Agreed. Its the most blatant case too because almost everyone of their ads for this truck shows it OFF ROAD. I say we cash in on them now, dumb bastards are ripping us off for doing something that they promote.
I think "vman" had a similiar issue that was covered in another post
too.

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=6900&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

·
on line
1,792 Posts
Is that actually their claim, that an offroad pic is voiding the warranty???

I would make a million phone calls to Nissan, call around to other dealers locally, threaten to make a flier, with the picture on it, telling what happened, with quotes from the dealer, and hand it out in front of the dealership (on public property) as cars drive in on a busy Saturday or two. THIS DEALERSHIP WON'T COVER MY TRUCK--DESIGNED FOR OFFROADING--BECAUSE OF A PICTURE ON A CONSUMER FORUM SHOWING ME USING THE TRUCK AS THEY ADVERTISED IT!!! What crap!

Talk to the manager, reason with them, be patient, get angry, bring copies of every law you can find (there's a copy here and a link somewhere in an old post of Dan's on this topic. I'd have to search). Talk to Nissan's regional rep. (a number you should be able to cajole out of someone, maybe at another dealership).

Corporations baiting and tricking customers, shamelessly, makes me furious. They should worship this site and the way we use the trucks, and if they can demonstrate real abuse, then OK. Otherwise, they should be in for a fight.

·
on line
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea they wont claim it w.e i was pissed im over it its all fixed and better now. there isnt a sticker on the car for those who asked and my avitar is a logo for the off road club here at my school mass maritime hence the maritime mudders. they lady at the front desk tells me trails to go to but her manager said its way to risky. the front diff was bad and towing it off the trail i apparently damanged a half shaft too

·
on line
13 Posts
It isn't the first time this has happened. Ford patrolled the Lightning forums after the Gen 2 came out and were denying warranty work due to abuse by the owner.

·
on line
1,054 Posts
wow, this does sound like a load of crap, makes me almost not want to post any wheeling pictures on here anymore.

·
on line
2,070 Posts
This BS with nissan is getting real old. They just need to grow a pair
and say, yes we f* ed up on the diff, our bad. This kinda stuff makes me wonder if i'll ever buy a nissan agian. Who really whats to go through all'
the back and forth BS with the dealer or Nissan Rep.
________
Beat

·
on line
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i wont ive already looked at tradin in the x but cant afford it so my solution is just lift it and get it further off the rocks even though that wont work but ive just excepted that its gunna happen

·
on line
2,875 Posts
Yeah it is total crap. To advertise the X as an off-road vehicle and then to deny coverage if they find out it is used off-road? No way. I know enough lawyers that I'd win that lawsuit.

I mention to my service writer all the time about hitting the beach or going to uhwarrie. Her eyes light up like I took a torch to the truck. Like. ewwwwwwwwwww, that'll void your warranty. I actually emailed Nissan directly and told them I wheel it on occasion and want to upgrade the suspension so I can do more safely and they said that that is fine. IF I damage something and it is shown to be caused by the mods, or my stupidity then I am stuck and I accept that. Otherwise I am covered and something broke because of a weak design etc. The way I drive, I don't think I'd ever damage anything because I go nice and slow and if I do, it is obviously bad design and a warranty item.

I just get a rise though when I bring off-roading up to that service writer. Like why do we have that 4x4 switch here in eastern NC because we sure as heck don't get snow on paved roads......

They sell these trucks with 4x4 in the south where there is never snow. Since they are selling these things down here, then that implies they are either selling something people don't/can't use due to design issues- meaning it's not made for that. No where in my manual does it say to not use the 4x4 except on paved snowy roads...... Our argument is that I believe. The manual clearly states NOT to use 4x4 on paved dry roads but nowhere does it say not to use it in sand or dirt etc etc.........

gotta run

1 - 20 of 32 Posts