Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
on line
316 Posts
Basically it will hit the top of the wheel well but unless you slam your suspension on something really hard its not gonna do any damage.

·
on line
1,891 Posts
Well not exactly Midnight....
The Upper Control Arm will make contact with the Coil bucket when you go into a full droop (wheels extended all the way down). That is why a lot of people here get it if they go over a curb, or speed bump fairly fast.

Off road use I get it every once in a while if I don't see a gap or something that will cause my wheels to droop all the way and make this contact.

I'm pretty some of the others here have some pics to show exactly what I'm trying to describe. With the aftermarket UCA though, it is basically a tube design as opposed to the more boxy look of our stock UCAs and allows more room so that UCA/Coilbucket contact is basically non-existant.

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
Midnightblue54 said:
Basically it will hit the top of the wheel well but unless you slam your suspension on something really hard its not gonna do any damage.
Actually that is not what it means. When you add the top gun spacer it decreases the space between the Upper Control Arm and the Coil Bucket.

The contact occurs when the front suspension is depressed, like when going over a speed bump.

·
on line
316 Posts
Just goes to show I should have stuck to my low slung V8 Muscle cars...

·
on line
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, since alot of guys here use top guns im assuming its good quality...am I right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts