Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have a bumper being made by a fab guy in Edmonton right now. Will post pics when it's done but it looks a bit like the Hefty tube one.
Oooh I really liked that bumper too. Could you pm me an approximate cost? It's really hard to decide on a bumper :( haha

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So far on the new 2014...

1.5" PRG Spacer on Bilstein 4600's - temporary
285/75/R16 Toyo Open Country AT2
1.5" Spidertrax spacers (Originally for a different set-up, but kept em anyways)
Steelies all around - got a wicked deal! $60 for 4!
Stickers n Patches
Blacked out bumpers - Krylon Fusion Satin Black
OEM Camber bolts going in... bushings seized (Who woulda thought?!)

Custom front bumper in the works... waiting til I'm not on duty at work to make the trip.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Been a while!

- Wade in-channel window vents (don't recommend unless you enjoy your windows binding up...)
- New Headunit (Sony XAV AX5000) - I recommend, it's great! Fire any questions my way and I'll answer the best I can. I can provide photos or video if you're interested. There's not much available online just yet.
- New speakers all around - Rockford Fosgate Prime R165-S for the rear, Rockford Fosgate Prime R169X2 for the front.
- Couple more patches.

Coming soon, but not soon enough:

- rest of my front bumper lol
- new UCA, since I was dumb and sent it over some bumps. OEM UCA don't like that.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The in channel visors have to go in when the molding of the window is really warm. Even so, they may not take to the new shape. I bought the Nissan ones from the dealer. When they started slowing the window and making sounds, they replaced the entire molding under warranty. Been perfect ever since.
Yeah, I did them in the summer but didn't have such luck. The rears are fine, but the fronts were terrible.
Maybe if I contact the Nissan dealer in Edmonton I can get them to install the OEM ones.

·
NewX’er 4life
2,499 Posts
Yeah, I did them in the summer but didn't have such luck. The rears are fine, but the fronts were terrible.
Maybe if I contact the Nissan dealer in Edmonton I can get them to install the OEM ones.
You can also try and remove the molding and work it a bit before re-installing it with the visors?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Lots to update here - I'll fix the main thread when I get some new photos.

To be installed/On Order:

• Expedition One Front Bumper with powdercoat and grille hoop. PIAA fogs.
  • Rigid Industries 360 Series Driving Lights
  • Wheelskins Steering Wheel Wrap
  • M205 (waiting on a deal for an M226)
Recently installed:

• Katzkin leather interior
  • Doug Thorley Secondary Cat delete pipes
  • OEM bumper until my Exp One arrives
  • Hardcore Offroad Tire Carrier
  • XTP Intake Manifold Spacer
  • Ruthenium HX Sparkplugs
  • New Battery
  • Sony XAV AX5000 headunit
  • Rockford Fosgate Speakers
  • Stubby rear headrests
  • Nisstec Titan Swap CV's - the Surtrak ones didn't approve of my Dukes of Hazzard jump thru an intersection. Tore the boots.
I'm sure there's more but can't remember at this point.

·
NewX’er 4life
2,499 Posts
Let's see some photos of the goods like the Katzkin!

Did you notice anything with the XTP? I had one but sold it because I didn't want to install it (LOL) but then was curious as to what it would do. I could use the adjustment to the torque curve it supposedly gives.

As for the CV boots, I've found a lot of non-OEM boots are stiff (at least the rubber seems to be) when new, break them in for a bit before hyper extending them.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Let's see some photos of the goods like the Katzkin!

Did you notice anything with the XTP? I had one but sold it because I didn't want to install it (LOL) but then was curious as to what it would do. I could use the adjustment to the torque curve it supposedly gives.

As for the CV boots, I've found a lot of non-OEM boots are stiff (at least the rubber seems to be) when new, break them in for a bit before hyper extending them.
It's like -40C with the windchill right now, I'll have to get some photos at the auto club next time I stop in (couple days maybe, gotta do a trans fluid drain/fill). I was just there and totally forgot to get some!

The IMS didn't really give much improvement. Could be the winter fuel, or my 33's and 3.13 gearing though... lol. I'm certain with a tune and upgrading to an M226/M205 with 3.36 will be a significant improvement though!

Probably true, this was last winter though and the CV's were designed for a Mexican QX56. So I feel like they didn't use a material designed for -40C winters haha. I've seen a few others buy the same ones and they looked to have much better boots on them. I haven't had any issues with the Nisstec axles yet! I just need them to last until I get the M205 in really.

Stay tuned for pics, I'll get some up soon! 😎

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
When you get the Bully Dog, run the premium tune and advance the timing 2 degrees. You will have to fill up with super, but you will save about 10$ a fill-up.
interesting! I'll give it a go for sure. I can't wait to actually have proper gearing too, that'll make a world of difference.

·
NewX’er 4life
2,499 Posts
interesting! I'll give it a go for sure. I can't wait to actually have proper gearing too, that'll make a world of difference.
It is interesting, I was skeptical. I installed it and not only did I get the benefit of the slight boost in power from advanced timing in the tune and my adjustment, but my mpg's actually went up to 13L/100km from 14-16L/100km. Stock I was getting 11.5-12L/100km and now I'm fully Titan swapped 35's etc. with only a 1-2mpg hit, blew my mind! Just have to resist the urge to stomp on it :p

Americans don't get the same price benefit though, since here in Canada (at least in Ontario) the price difference between premium and regular is about 12-16 cents, in the US is can be as much as 30 cents. With my two gas tanks, I save $20 per fill-up (In Canada) when you factor in the higher cost of premium fuel.

Ya, the gearing will help. The 3.36 isn't much of a jump though. The axles are like $1000CAD and you need the ABS lines/censors most times, plus whatever the install cost is if you can't do it yourself.

Alternatively you can get 4.083 gears for the C200 ($855USD) off of RuggedRocks and get a 4.10 for the m205 ($310USD). No need for another axle and you are getting a much better ratio. Expect ~$1000 CAD to install front and rear, at lest that's what I paid. I guarantee you will want more if you just go with the 3.36 and will end up spending the money later. Better to just save up and do it once, just my opinion though.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts