Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, now that the first annual Shocker Run came and went (with great success), is anyone down for a run at R. Creek in January? I know it's cold, but put on your big girl panties and let's go!!! Any takers? Any weekend is good for me.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
im ready when you are.

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
I'm game for a Run. You know an actual Run where my truck is involved in the literal traversing of trails.

BTW - I now have a PRG front suspension with PRG - UCAs and Radflows. Boo ya!

·
on line
1,667 Posts
steve,
what was the verdict with the axle/diff?

-dan

·
In Limbo
9,460 Posts
I had to buy all the replacements parts myself and I decided it would be a good idea to upgrade to the PRG UCAs and Radflows while I was working on it.

Nissan voided my extended suspension warranty. And, I hate them. What does suck is I had to buy my replacement axle, LCA and tie rod from them. It is down right impossible to find reliable parts for our trucks!

·
on line
1,667 Posts
well im sorry to hear that came out of pocket, but im glad youre up and running.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright boys...Looking at the calendar, we could either go the weekend of the 12th or 19th. Either one works for me (esp. cuz the Jets only won 4 games and didn't come even close to the playoffs). I'm guessing we'll do Saturday and Sunday this time around. Let me know which weekend you guys prefer. I should call them soon and let them know we're planning on coming out once we've decided on a weekend.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
Creek said:
Alright boys...Looking at the calendar, we could either go the weekend of the 12th or 19th. Either one works for me (esp. cuz the Jets only won 4 games and didn't come even close to the playoffs). I'm guessing we'll do Saturday and Sunday this time around. Let me know which weekend you guys prefer. I should call them soon and let them know we're planning on coming out once we've decided on a weekend.

that time frame is good with me. i want some snow up there though.

·
on line
246 Posts
sorry to here about the axle/suspension probs.....................but i must say that nissan sucks and has definitely dropped the ball on these vehicles as far as not honoring warranty for vehicles that they advertise as offroad prowess.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After talking to Steve, it looks like it's the weekend of the 12th - Saturday and Sunday...unless you guys just want to do 1 day. I'll call them on Monday and let them know we're coming out. I think my buddy Mike will be riding along with me again as well. Right now, it looks like there's 3 trucks...Myself, Steve, and Dan.

If anyone else feels like freezing your nutz off, post up and feel free to join us.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
ok next weekend it is.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are you guys planning on staying at the comfort inn in Pine Grove on Saturday night? Also, it appears as though i don't need to call R. Creek - on their website it says they're there on weekends...you only need to call and make a reservation if you're going to be there mon-fri.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
do you want to stay for two days? i assumed that there was just three of us we would split after saturday. we can always go back the following weekend.

-dan

·
on line
807 Posts
What kind of trails you guys running? I STILL don't have my sliders on.

·
on line
10,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just running on saturday is fine with me. 2 days would probably be overkill for just a couple of us.

Steve - i don't think we'll be doing anything too off the wall crazy. When i was out there for the shocker run, i didn't have sliders at that point and i was fine - for the most part. I did get one tiny dent in my rocker panel though, but it's hardly noticeable.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts