Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rattlesnake Canyon starts out in a very dry sandy wash and heads south, becoming a rocky stream bed and eventually leading up to a huge stand of joshua trees.

Although named Rattlesnake Canyon for a reason, the only dangerous wildlife we found this time were the cattle.

Well, those and Paul's guard dog:

Lunch stop at an old mine site.

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lots to explore around the old mine site.

A couple of shots from the "easy" bypass of the rock waterfall.

After the joshua tree forest you can either continue climbing towards Big Bear (which is what we did last year) or head down Burns Canyon toward Yucca Valley (which is the route we chose this year). Unfortunately Burns Canyon was the site of a devastating fire last year; this must have been a beautiful place before, now it looks like the surface of the moon.

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A few more random shots from the trip.

Check out sccxterra.com for next month's Xcursion plans. Most likely will be the weekend of March 24-25. We're working on plans now, and should post something shortly.

·
on line
463 Posts
Boy, I wish I had been with you guys for the second day !
Looks as though you had some great driving.

I have posted all of my shots on photobucket ( 46 total ) from Johnson's valley.

Thank You, Again,
JimB

·
on line
1,479 Posts
Great! :cheers:

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NIce shots Brian.

By the way, we're working up plans for the next Xcursion now, keep an eye on SCCX, we'll be posting something up soon. I think its going to be a fun one (well, they all are actually).

·
on line
463 Posts
The jury is still out on the front flaps.
I, think they could be safe ?? And, at that point on that obstacle, they weren't hitting.
For that matter didn't hit all day.
The back ones are gone. ( Very susceptible to damage.)

Jim B

·
on line
1,831 Posts
FrankB said:
...working up plans for the next Xcursion now, keep an eye on SCCX....
Yeah man, I'm looking forward to it.
Sounds like what, Anza Borrego on the 24th or something?

·
on line
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
syndicate said:
FrankB said:
...working up plans for the next Xcursion now, keep an eye on SCCX....
Yeah man, I'm looking forward to it.
Sounds like what, Anza Borrego on the 24th or something?
Actually that may change (the location that is). We are planning for the 24th-25th though. I'll post something here in the Events section of thenewx.org once we get it straightened out.

·
on line
589 Posts
Well (Knock on wood) Ruth and I have the weekend of the 24th-25th free now and I really want to head out. Anza would be fun, but I would love to go on something that should challenge my X. Granted it might be a limited group going due to excursion requirements, but it would be a neat thing to have the challenge.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts