Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've developed a rattle in the lift gate in my 2014. how do i remove the panel expose the insides so i can pinpoint the rattle?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Before tearing your hatch apart, try something simpler.

1. Close your hatch and look all the way around it for any debris which may be caught in or around the edges.
Ps: dont forget to check the roof edges above the hatch. In my case a small twig was caught in the upper hinge which could not be seen when i lifted the hatch. It was only when i close the hatch and climbed onto my tow hitch that i found the problem. At 45mph this twig would vibrate so bad i thought my hatch was falling apart.

2. Adjust the rear latch on your hatch. It wont move much, but you dont need much either.

3. Place a rubber isolator onto the body of your xterra where the rubber bumpers on the hatch meet the body. Note, there are 4 points of contact.
You can pick up these thin clear circular items at your local walmart in the hardware section where floor protectors for chairs are sold.

4 tear into your hatch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I fixed my hatch rattle by putting a the piece of thin foam between the plastic at the corners of the lid.
I just pulled the corner, not the whole panel, and slid some thin door seal foam so the plastic reset on the foam, not the metal.
2012 4x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts