Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice how long it's taking to get parts delivered? Didn't order anything special, radflo 2.0 , extended shackles and SPC UCAs. Initially told 3-4 weeks but that didn't happen...they blamed Radflo. Then took an extra 3 weeks to get the shackles as they needed to be powder coated. Finally get everything and they sent me the wrong washers for the UCAs. Overall just annoyed how no one can deliver on-time when it comes to Xterra parts.

Rant over....oh and I'm still waiting on the washers as they are an oddball size.

·
Super Moderator
4,293 Posts
I ordered some items from Nisstec a few weeks ago which were drop shipped to me by the supplier 24 hours later. Unfortunately the supplier didn't send enough of one item, but Steven at Nisstec handled that issue promptly and the missing parts arrived at my door 48 hours after I emailed about the issue.

I think shipping time depends on the particular product and the particular supplier. Some items are stocked by Nisstec, some must be ordered, and some of the parts that are ordered are not stocked by the supplier and must be fabricated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I order a full OME kit back in the beginning of April, and I still have not received it. I did have to call 2 weeks after placement asking where the order was, and was told they called me (must have missed it) to tell me parts that go with the kit were back ordered and should ship within a week. Then begining of May I received another email from Steven saying that the parts would be received at Nisstec in the middle of June and would ship shortly after. Not sure what's going on, but I'm like a kid at xmas waiting to open presents!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
When I ordered my spacers from them the order went through fine and I got an email that they will ship soon, called them a week later and they are "back ordered". Well get them a month later.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree, sounds like spring with tax returns and nice weather everyone wants to mod their vehicles. What I don't agree on is the says it will ship within 24h on their page of the items you are purchasing. It's like a giant tease that you will get the stuff soon and then the dreaded email comes stating backordered!

·
Super Moderator
4,293 Posts
I agree, sounds like spring with tax returns and nice weather everyone wants to mod their vehicles. What I don't agree on is the says it will ship within 24h on their page of the items you are purchasing. It's like a giant tease that you will get the stuff soon and then the dreaded email comes stating backordered!
^^ This is why I telephone small vendors and confirm inventory and shipping date before ordering. These companies aren't Amazon or Overstock.com with IT departments (vs. a "web guy") and real time inventory updates for their websites.

·
on line
660 Posts
Just got received my radflos today, and they were shipped on 5/23. So it appears they are just under 3 weeks wait time from order placement to shipping. Greg @ PRG was a hair quicker with under 2 weeks turn around time for my order.

Once you order something from shrockworks, everything else seems lightning fast! :)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Not a rant about delivery, but starting to get frustrated trying to place an order. Been trying to track down an ARB m226 diff cover in black for a couple months now. Many places have them in red, but none in black. Talked to someone at Nisstec a couple months back when I ordered my SS brake lines and was told "they'd be getting more in a few days". Cool, I'll call back in a few days and place my order for one then. Called back a few days later, was told "next week". Call next week, told "a few more days". This goes on for a while until I give up and forget about it because I didn't need one right away at the time. Fast forward a few weeks ago, call and talk to Stephen? and am told they don't have any in stock, but he'd call the distributor and get a date for me and call me back. Never got a call back. Tried again, same speech, "a few days out". Just got off the phone with someone else there, explaining the situation, and being told they're still out of stock, but should be here soon. The person I talked to suggested placing an order now. I told him I'm not paying up front for something that could take months to arrive, as that's how long I've been waiting so far. Guy tells me they've had 5-6 arrive lately and they've all been sold. Frustrating. Do I pay up front and hope it shows up soon or keep trying to call weekly and verify if they actually have one?

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
When I ordered my SPC's, they sent me 2 passenger side UCA's. I was like, WTF! So I emailed them and spoke w/ Chris over at Nisstec and he said just flip one over and use it as the driver side. They are the same, one's just marked L and R.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I told him I'm not paying up front for something that could take months to arrive, as that's how long I've been waiting so far. Guy tells me they've had 5-6 arrive lately and they've all been sold. Frustrating. Do I pay up front and hope it shows up soon or keep trying to call weekly and verify if they actually have one?
I hear ya, I'm the same way and it's the reason there is no lift kit sold by Nisstec on my truck now.

It's probably been about a year since I last inquired Nisstec about an OME lift, I was going to go all out, buy the deluxe kit and have them assemble the coilovers. The website ALWAYS says "in stock" but knowing how they do I emailed and got a date they would be in stock, tried again after that date, nothing. At least they didn't play me a broken record or lie about availability, which is more admirable than the way they have done some.

Honest, I'd like to buy one from them, but it's going to have to be a good business decision. I'm not in the business of giving out interest free loans, which is exactly what you are doing when you pay for an item the vendor can't ship in the next few days, and for sure when you pass a promised ship date. They are operating with your cash as if it's product already sold, where is the motivation to get that job done at that point? It's already in the books as money made.

This attitude from vendors is getting ridiculous, I hear about it a lot now as I research any place I might buy from pretty heavily now.

The honorable thing to do if selling product that hard to get in stock is take deposits. That way they still need to do something to make the money, and you are invested enough to take it when it arrives.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Honest, I'd like to buy one from them, but it's going to have to be a good business decision. I'm not in the business of giving out interest free loans, which is exactly what you are doing when you pay for an item the vendor can't ship in the next few days, and for sure when you pass a promised ship date. They are operating with your cash as if it's product already sold, where is the motivation to get that job done at that point? It's already in the books as money made.
Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Unfortunately, they're one of the few if only places I've found where purchasing a black ARB is even possible. I definitely irks me the fact that during this whole time, the ever elusive piece has been labeled "in stock".

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sorry for the delays in getting some parts. Not saying we are perfect at keeping up with stock but 99% of the time we too are waiting for parts to arrive to us so we can move them on to you. We certainly spend a good part of our week making likewise calls to other larger companies trying to convince them up keep more stock on hand and check the status of our orders. As much as we don’t like it, in the overall world of 4x4 parts, Nissan accounts for a very small portion of sales. We fight hard to increase overall production but some things are out of our control.
If you have any questions about availability or an order you have placed, please do give us a call 303.388.6111.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Ordered a ARB dif cover Wednesday at 1AM and got it Thursday. Even though we are both in the same state, that is still super fast. My bank statement still shows the payment as pending.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts