Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Would you buy a Randy Ellis light bar for the 05+ Xterra??

• Maybe down the road.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like it, but already have an offroad bumper or lightbar.

• NO! I HATE IT!!

Randy Ellis Light Bar

6K views 23 replies 13 participants last post by  jollyman78 
#1 ·
If you haven't heard on Randy Ellis Designs, they make sweet light bars for a lot of trucks, but the 2005+ Xterra is not one of them. I sent them this email:

"Do you have any plans to produce a light bar for the 2005+ Nissan Frontier/Pathfinder/Xterra?
I am looking for something identical to the 04-05 Ford F-150 light bar. Below is a link to a picture of the Frontier, Pathfinder, and Xterra so that you can see that a design very similar to the f-150 design would work. With the one design, it would fit the Frontier and Pathfinder as their front ends are identical, as well as the Xterra as long as the design cleared the plastic (the structure behind the plastic bumper is identical) so the market for the bar should be fairly large.
I am very active on both clubfrontier.org and thenewx.org, and would be willing to organize a groupbuy if you would prefer to produce these in small production runs. Groupbuys of 10-20 people are always very successful on clubfrontier.org. Are you able to gain access to a Xterra/Frontier/Pathfinder for development?

Thank you, I hope to hear from you!
-Steve Thomas"

This was the response I got:
"Steve,

We could gain access to the trucks. If there were enough interest we would build a light bar for these trucks.

Randy
Randy Ellis Design, Inc.
602-803-1122"

PLEASE! If you are interested in the product call or e-mail them and let them know! The more people that bug them, the more likely they are to produce the light bar. I asked specifically how may people they would need in order to produce the bar, and am waiting to hear back from them.
If this is something you would buy, PLEASE POST YOUR INTEREST HERE!

Here is the website:
http://www.randyellisdesign.com/

Here is a picture of the Ford F-150 design, which is the one I requested they copy for the Xterra/Frontier/Pathfinder. I like how this bar is shorter and more simple that the others, as well as the fact that is attaches to the structure behind the bumper (though the opening) instead of wrapping around the bumper (reducing ground clearance) to attach to the tow points.

The f-150 light bar costs $199, and the Nissan Titan light bar costs $249, so you can imagine it would be somewhere in between there.

See less See more
#5 ·
willgr1 said:
i would be too afraid they would fabricate one like the one they have for the tacoma.....if it was like that it would basically be a bull bar...and still have the same downside (loss of ground clearance)
I am specifically requesting it mount through the lower opening like on the F-150. If they determine that it can't be done that way, then I am not going to push for them to produce it, because I wouldn't want it that way.

#9 ·
TXterra37 said:
Is this something that would go w/ the stock bumper or Shrockworks, or both?
Stock.

#13 ·
so you guys are interested in the light bar only if it goes though the grill and not the bumper. i know i can make these at my shop.
a group buy would make them a lot cheaper obviously. ill see what kind of product i can come up with.

-dan

#15 ·
unless you drill holes in your cargo box, there isnt a easy way to mount a light bar up there. im thinking an aluminum light bar and brackets with a piece of steel behind the cargo box to displace the weight.

#18 ·
#19 ·
Mike o said:
I made my own similar style light bar

I dont know how to attach pics on here yet (just came over from XOC today), but KC put a pic up on their site

heres the link

http://www.kchilites.com/applicatio.../inc_photogallerymanager.asp?ItemID=181&cid=9

If you guys need I can take some more pics whenI get some time[/img]
Nice work! I would like some pics of your install. As for posting pics you need to host them off site, or right click and view the properties of an image if the pic is already hosted, I use www.Photobucket.com and then you need to put
Code:
[img]http://www.kchilites.com/applications/PhotoGalleryManager/images/06xterra.jpg[/img]
so it would end up showing your pic ...

#20 ·
Mike o said:
I made my own similar style light bar

I dont know how to attach pics on here yet (just came over from XOC today), but KC put a pic up on their site

heres the link

http://www.kchilites.com/applicatio.../inc_photogallerymanager.asp?ItemID=181&cid=9

If you guys need I can take some more pics whenI get some time[/img]
That looks freaking cool. Can you post some additional photos? I can't really tell what's going on there, almost looks like the lights are embedded in the bumper, lol.

#21 ·
ill get some more pics up when I can. I made brackets out of 1-1/4 stainless steel tube which I ran through the grill opening. the tubing is welded onto pieces of angle to make bracket pieces that bolt to the steel bumper under the plastic. The lights are mounted to 2" square tubing, which bolts onto the brackets.

#23 ·
haha well thanks for callin it stupid simple, I never said it was genious, just wanted a light bar, drew it up on my computer and had the machine shop at my work make it for free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.