Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night when I was coming home, the slip and vdc off lights were on the whole way, and I couldn't turn the vdc off off with the button. I stopped to get some beer and then only the vdc off light was on on the way home, which wouldn't go off. then finally I tried again in like 10 minutes and it went off. WTF????
 

·
on line
Joined
·
315 Posts
Hmm...I'm starting to think I'm in the minority here as I have never experienced this (*knock on wood*) but it sounds like tons of people have. If it doesn't stop, take it to the dealer, I guess.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
Re: Random "Slip" and "VDC OFF" lights

dragonplayboy said:
Last night when I was coming home, the slip and vdc off lights were on the whole way, and I couldn't turn the vdc off off with the button. I stopped to get some beer and then only the vdc off light was on on the way home, which wouldn't go off. then finally I tried again in like 10 minutes and it went off. WTF????
Same happened to me the other day. VDC, Slip, ABS and Diff lock lights. HAsn't occured since.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Seems to me the Slip Light was happy with the Beer while the VDC wanted something else... :geek:
 

·
TNX Administrator
Joined
·
20,234 Posts
RogueClimber said:
Seems to me the Slip Light was happy with the Beer while the VDC wanted something else... :geek:
So lets get this right - your saying that when our misc dashboard lights come on, we must stop and by some beer?

Next question; which brand of beer will keep them off?
 
  • Like
Reactions: SouthernM8R

·
on line
Joined
·
1,479 Posts
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,884 Posts
Old Navy said:
RogueClimber said:
Seems to me the Slip Light was happy with the Beer while the VDC wanted something else... :geek:
So lets get this right - your saying that when our misc dashboard lights come on, we must stop and by some beer?

Next question; which brand of beer will keep them off?
I'm saying the slip light appears to be happy with beer. (Mine likes a good micro with lots of hop...) As for the VDC I will only guess a good single malt.
 

·
TNX Administrator
Joined
·
20,234 Posts
RogueClimber said:
Old Navy said:
RogueClimber said:
Seems to me the Slip Light was happy with the Beer while the VDC wanted something else... :geek:
So lets get this right - your saying that when our misc dashboard lights come on, we must stop and by some beer?

Next question; which brand of beer will keep them off?
I'm saying the slip light appears to be happy with beer. (Mine likes a good micro with lots of hop...) As for the VDC I will only guess a good single malt.
That could be it, the Slip light likes store bought beer, but the VDC wants home brew!
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,081 Posts
I've had the same problem numerous times, used to be worse than it is now. Took it to the dealer and they can never find anything wrong, because by the time it gets there the lights are out. If you read the manual it advises how to reset it, basically drive above 15mph for 1 mile or somethin like that. I read somewhere once that if your wheels aren't straight when you start the engine that can trigger the sensors to think something is up!
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
I've had random lights come on as well.

Over the weekend my Engine light, VDC, Slip lights came in. Went inside, left about 30 minutes later and they were all turned off.

But I had no beer on me...
 

·
TNX Administrator
Joined
·
20,234 Posts
Well there goes the beer theory.

Now is the problem limited to 2005's or does it happen to both 05/06's.
 

·
TNX Administrator
Joined
·
20,234 Posts

·
on line
Joined
·
2,938 Posts
Multiple solutions. It could be a number of things.

Low brake fluid
Leaky radiator
worn pads
pressure sensor.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,081 Posts
Sounds like it's worth checking the brake fluid tho.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
2,072 Posts
I was about to head out and pick up a tent trailer rental to go camping, on my way the engine light and VDC light came on. I took the long way around and stopped at my dealer. The plugged in and found nothing at all.
The light haven't come back on since.
 

·
on line
Joined
·
251 Posts
I've had my low tire pressure light come on several times and go off awhile later on it's own..... man nothing is perfect I guess. :drunken:
 

·
on line
Joined
·
3,484 Posts
2NDX said:
I've had my low tire pressure light come on several times and go off awhile later on it's own..... man nothing is perfect I guess. :drunken:
If you are close to the set off point, when the tire builds up heat it will expand and turn the light off. Weather also plays a factor, colder it gets, more air you will need. Always check your air each big weather change.

MC
 

·
on line
Joined
·
1,831 Posts
Either it's simply too late at night for my brain to function or I just haven't thought about it enought, but why exactly would you want to turn the VDC off?
________
Jailbroken
 
1 - 20 of 287 Posts
Top