Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll outfit my X with the TC UCAs and had figured on getting the Radflo coilovers. However, as a staunch supporter of RANCHO shocks, I thought I'd see what they had new which might work on the '07. While immediately, I thought the RS9000X coilover would work, the shock bolt at top is not right for the UCAs uniball. However, the Triple X is designed right and can be custom sprung for the way I need it.
Question is, what are the compression/extension lengths of the '07 OR shocks? Anyone tried this shock on an XTERRA yet?

·
on line
2,248 Posts
DBAX said:
I'll outfit my X with the TC UCAs and had figured on getting the Radflo coilovers. However, as a staunch supporter of RANCHO shocks, I thought I'd see what they had new which might work on the '07. While immediately, I thought the RS9000X coilover would work, the shock bolt at top is not right for the UCAs uniball. However, the Triple X is designed right and can be custom sprung for the way I need it.
Question is, what are the compression/extension lengths of the '07 OR shocks? Anyone tried this shock on an XTERRA yet?
I'll step up to the plate on this one. The answer is "no." Nobody, at least to my knowledge, has tried the XXX. You would probably be the first.

I think at some point we came to the somewhat-definitive conclusion that the OR Bilstein and the shock that came with the other models are the same length.

The last thread that I can remember that had any reference to shock measurements was a thread detailing the install of some Old Man Emu shocks. Check it out here; http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2498&highlight=man+emu

Good luck with that and keep everybody posted.

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The XXX has a threaded bolt on top, right for screwing into the Uniball. The other shocks have a bushing into which you'd push a bolt and screw it into the "shock bolt mount" like normal..
Check out he website for the pics..

·
on line
2,081 Posts
Am I correct in assuming that the Ranchos would be a more cost affective (Cheaper) option than the Radflos? If so then I'm all over this idea too :)

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheap or not, if they don't fit, they won't work.. Also, RANCHO has the shocks, we'll still need to order the springs (Eibach or KING). Radflos are a good alternative, but not the end-all solution to a working front end lift.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
No. Run out and take a look at your front end. The shock attachment has nothing to do with the UCA Uni-Ball. The shock goes between the LCA and a spring bucket that is part of the frame. The UCA Uni-Ball (or ball joint on the stock UCA) attaches to the top of steering knuckle.

Now, the XXX shocks you are looking at work work if you used the stock shock spring seat, spacers and the shock mount. The problem being, it looks like they are only made for the Titan which will make them too long for the X. I am not sure of the X's front shock length, but someone on here took a pic in the OME shock thread.

·
on line
15,651 Posts
DBAX said:
Radflos are a good alternative, but not the end-all solution to a working front end lift.
Correct, the end all would be a diff drop without having to buy all the rest of the stuff (Ie Calmini or SLR).

·
on line
3,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aaahhh, so the uniball bolts to the knuckle, not the shock top.. I was under the impression the shock top itself bolted into the UCA. So, the stock mounting point stays the same, only the UCA and/or the spacer cup would change. I'll need the total shock length and ext/comp lengths (as noted above) to make the measurements on the truck. Who knows? Maybe without the spacers, it'll fit in right. I'll contact RANCHO friends and see what they think. If they do fit, it's a no brainer for me, TripleX out front w/ Eibach springs and RS9000X remote reservoirs on back.
I'll post up with any info..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts