Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opinion for give 1in lift to the X. Whats the best? Considering the stock coilspring have some little rust spot in there?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Let me preface this by saying that I still have stock shocks on my X. I've heard nothing but bad things about the Rancho Quicklift. The Bilstein 5100 line is an upgrade from the PRO-4X Bilsteins.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have offroad 07. In back probably stock bilstein. But un from it change for cheapo one
But spring have some rust spot.. and no carpart sell only sppring other than old man emu or it come assembly on couple brand exept bilstein

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought a pair of the rancho quick lifts last year...all they had in my town and needed something desperately (before I knew anything). Rancho's are fine for a DD but not much more. I do have a set for $200CDN + shipping (under 5000miles on them). You might be better just getting spacers though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rancho probably not the best for only 50buck over bilstein with is strut assembly.
I run bilstein coilover on all my previous summer daily vw mk2 and its just amazing.
Now need find stock coil and buy a set of 5100

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm happy with the Ranchos on my DD. Gave just under 2" of lift with no CBC and the ride was much improved over my original OE shocks with 90,000 miles. There are several happy folks on this forum that use em, and the guys at Nisstec like em. Install was a breeze, no ****ing around with a spring compressor. I'm adding 2" Nisstec spacers along with SPC uca's this weekend, looking forward to that tuff stance.

The Ranchos have multiple rebound adjustments, people who are unhappy with them possibly haven't dialed em in correctly. For the price they're an excellent value if you're simply commuting.

·
Registered
351 Posts
For what it is worth, i wheeled the poop out of my quicklifts. Ran chinamans gulch out here in colorado with them and was very happy. That is a pretty gnarly trail and i was 1 of 3 ifs rigs all day and the only one with no body damage at the end, including the SAS rigs on 37's...
Rode great on road too

·
on line
2,044 Posts
I got was looking to save $$$$ went with rancho quick lift = junk
They are probably good on a light pick up truck. If you can afford the other option..... stay away from rancho quick lift

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Any updates from the guys running the Racho's? I need new coilovers and rear shocks and can get the front assembled coilovers and rear shocks for under $600 shipped from Nisstec. I'm mostly street but wheel occasionally

·
Registered
138 Posts
Another happy Rancho Quiklift user (with XL9000's in the rear) here. For ~$600 shipped, you won't find a better deal. There was a night and day difference in ride quality going from my stock struts with 100k miles to these. It took me a couple weeks of adjusting the dampening to find what I liked best (I believe they're currently set at 7 in front, 6 in rear).

70,000 miles and 2.5 years later, I'm still pleased; my only complaint is that the front end lift has slowly drooped from roughly 2.5" to 1.75". With that being said, I recommend also ordering the 1/2" lift spacer (that equates to about 1" of additional lift) and longer mounting hardware.

I'll probably replace them next year with something nicer (with extended travel), but I have no regrets buying them. Lifetime warranty is a nice plus also. I have some friends in the Jeep world and it sounds like Rancho's are pretty popular and well liked over there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts