Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
on line
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rancho has a quicklift coilover shock set for the rear and front to give about 2 inches of extra lift....is there anyone who has tried these? Are they worth the 100 dollars for new shocks and a lift?
Can i use them with spacer and shackle lift?

·
on line
4,495 Posts
The Quicklift system is not a coilover, and its only for the front. It just moves the lower spring perch higher on the shock body to achieve lift. You could use spacers, at the price of coilbucket contact.

Some of the Frontier guys that have run them weren't impressed by them...

·
on line
4,495 Posts
I'm sorry but your mistaken. The Quicklift sytem from Rancho is ONLY for the front. Like I said, its a normal Rancho shock body that has the spring perch higher on the body. The rear Ranchos are just longer shocks to accomodate a lift. It will not lift the rear of the truck....

Where are you getting your information from? BTW, I have not seen the Quicklifts for anywhere near $100...

Sorry to sound like an arse, but I think you got your information twisted.

·
on line
2,077 Posts
shutterman0991 said:
http://www.gorancho.com/html/products/shocks/images/RAN_QL-2.jpg

check that out...it says that there is one for the rear.

it maybe a typographical error, they don't list a quick lift for the rear of the frontier and we both have leaf springs in the rear (difference is their's is over axle ours is under axle). it lists one for the pathfinder which has a totally different rear suspension. They also do not list one for the titan which also has a leaf spring suspension in the rear.

if they do have a "quick lift" kit for the rear it will not be new shocks, you cannot get lift in the rear by replacing the shocks. it would have to be an AAL or shackle upgrade....and if they did this they should also list it for the frontier.

·
on line
155 Posts
I have the OR model with the bilstein shocks so I didn't go the rancho route because i would be downgrading my ride quality. I went with the radflo coilovers w/o control arms. With the S it should be about the same ride and you could adjust it to make it a little stiffer with the adjustable shocks. No coil bucket contact like the spacers. If I were you I would pony up the extra $200 and get the radflo's & deavers like I did. If you you want to save a couple bucks I would get the quicklift with the deavers over the spacers. Coil bucket contact is one of the most annoying things in the world.

·
on line
14 Posts
I am currently in the process of returning the quiklift. Trust me you wont really want it. The shocks are adjustable so you can get a soft ride but you lose a lot of travel. The quiklift compresses the coils alot just to fit the shock because of the location of the new spring perch. This is how the lift is attained by compresssing the coil so much that when your X sits on it they wont really move. You will still have downward travel, but no upward extending travel. Everytime you hit a speed bump your tires are basically bouncing off the ground because the new shocks dont allow the springs to extend. IT FEELS REALLY BOUNCY. Better off with spaceres and slight coil bucket contact and keeping all your travel with a smooth stock ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts