Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time for my X to get lifted!

I just got off the phone with PRG. I know its been mentioned before, but they seem like really great people. I ordered the Deavers $149, shipped and should be here Monday. They offered me the shims, and specifically said they are selling them as a service with no markup. I am going to pick them up locally. I asked about replacing U bolts, and they said since my truck is 6 months old, they should be fine. I'll probably bring the old Ubolts with me when I pick up the shims, and replace the Ubolts at the spring shop. Alex told me to not use the overload spring, but judging by Mcampana and MC's experience, I think I'll keep it. Thanks to those guys for the write up!

I went up to a local auto shop that works on all of my vehicles and asked what he thought about my options. He didn't liked the idea of the spacer and thought the Rancho was my best bet so I ordered the Rancho Quicklift from Summit. One man's opinion, but I trust him. I had called Summit on Monday, and the guy on the phone said they are sold by the pair for $199 not $179 and they should be available next week. I went online this morning, paid $190 shipped, and they should be available 6/17. The auto shop will let me use their spring compressor if I bring my struts in for free, then I can bring it back for the alignment.

Now all I need are Cam bolts. And for all this stuff to show up. I think I'm gonna pull my rear sway bar when I install the Deavers.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Sounds awesome; can't wait to see it! I like the idea of the QuikLift, and everybody seems to be liking the Deavers. I am itching to lift mine soon, too, but think I am gonna go with the TopGunz spacers (for price and the fact I want to keep the Bilsteins) and probably Calmini AAL (seems like a good, all-inclusive kit). If I didn't have an OR model, and would probably go with the Quiklift up front. Gonna be running the stock meats? Look forward to the pics!

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was originally going to do the Topgunz spacer. I want to upgrade my shocks all around. And what it comes down to is that after the rebate the quicklift will cost $50 more than the Topgunz. I can't buy decent shocks for that. I hope that if it is a typo on Summit's site, that they will honor it.

I had planned on doing SLR or AC shackles in the rear, for $100. The Deavers are $149, plus $25 for shims and like $50 for ubolts. From what I'm hearing, everyone with deavers loves them. And I don't want my springs to flatten out. Plus MC endorses them. 'Nuff said.

The auto shop quoted me $200 to install the front shock. Not that I wanted them to do it, I just figured that if they have to do the alignment anyway, since I hate the Checker Auto spring compressor, (I know I could run to Harbor Freight and get 2 sets to do it, I just hate loading up springs) and the said I could bring the shocks/springs in and install them myself for free-if they could watch :compress:

I haven't seen anyone else try the Quick Lift, and I know MC was less than giving his endorsement. If they suck, you told me so :bounce:

·
on line
612 Posts
That sounds like a good setup, I might have to do that considering through 7/31 theres' 100 rebate when you buy two RS9000 and a quick lift setup. That effectively lowers the price to around ....let's see 379.85+deavers = 580 ish oh - 100 . Hm.... about 500 bucks if you replace rear shocks... not too bad. How much lift do them there quick lifts give ya?

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like around 2 inches of lift. I think the price is messed up on Summit's site. Thats almost half what everyone else is selling them for. The guy on the phone said it was for the pair, and so does my order. So if its not, it will take awhile for me to find out, as the have extended the arrival time 'til 6/28. I do want to put 9000's on the rear and an incab controller, but the finances aren't there right now. The $100 discount comes if you buy the whole rear lift, and I want the Deaver's, thats why I ordered them.

If it turns out that the front end prices are wrong, I'll have to cancel the order and buy the TopGunz.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup. And they won't budge more than $50 on the price. Not worth it to me. Didn't even escalate the situation. Refer to USMC and Mcampana's how to see my lift.

·
on line
82 Posts
Damn That sucks. Since your order went through I hope they honor the price and quote they gave you. If it works that is quite a deal.

What is the cost of normal replacement shocks for the front? Are these quicklifts just charging more or is it about normal?

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, I called them and they said since I hadn't paid, I don't own them, cause they wouldn't ship 'til the 5th or 6th of July. I'm tired of waiting, and I didn't want to be a jerk, so I canceled the order. I know I could have pushed it, and they offered me $50 off, but I didn't feel like fighting. I know the TopGunz work, and so I just ordered them.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Bum luck man. Probably still isn't a bad deal, especially if you want to replace your shocks. But I feel your pain... way too expensive for my blood, too. Look forward to another review of the TopGunz, though.

·
on line
1,667 Posts
just checking out rancho site and it looks like they have a rebate going on.
good deal?

http://www.gorancho.com/

EDIT::god...im so premature!

·
on line
1,667 Posts
mcampana said:
What a pisser! I was looking forward to see how you guys would do with that rancho quick lift.

Im super happy with what i have though. CANT go wrong there.
if i needed shocks then i would have bought the rancho lift. that is why i bought your setup yesterday.

·
on line
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mcampana, that really does look nice. A lot nicer than the box of parts sitting in my garage.
I have everything except the shims, but no time to put them in. I'm doing a bunch of construction on my house that is taking priority. Should have taken some time off, nothing ever goes as smoothly as you want it to. So I have a choice. New bedroom and kitchen, or lift my X. The house is winning.
I was in a mudhole for three hours trying to run drain tile for the egress window we just cut in the basement. Damned excavator never showed up tonight, so I did it myself. I know nothing about drain tile, but I do know how to dig.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts