Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for any of you who have not seen this. This is what happens when Raleigh gets 4-5" of snow and everyone is let out of work at the same time. Basically it looks like the zombie apocalypse.

Reactions: weber

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
They manage it by not respecting it.

I was in Texas a couple years ago when they got about an inch of sleet. I was driving on the main highway towards Dallas/Fort Worth airport, probably doing about 45 with hazards on, and I was getting blown away by cars that were doing 75, 80, like they were driving in the rain. I watched a gold Solara fly off the road, hit a ditch, then go Dukes of Hazard style into the treeline

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
What the hell is wrong with people!?

This is why I wish it was a requirement like the Swedish to get your license by having to drive on a frozen lake.

If you can correct a flat spin in your Camry you get to drive it.

When I was 14-15 my mother took me to a frozen parkinglot and told me to slide it around. Scary as **** at first, but years later, ass sliding corrections have become just as natural as applying the brake.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I live in Durham and they actually plow and treat the roads here.

I let my wife drive my Xterra to work the past few days and I've been driving her little fwd Sentra around. Her car doesn't do nearly as good as the Xterra, but with newer all season tires, it gets the job done. It took me 2.5 hrs to get home from RTP on Wed. The roads were passable, but dumbasses were wrecking everywhere and holding up traffic. I did have to turn around on one hill that I couldn't make it up. It was on an unplowed sidestreet and I took a different route to avoid it. I would have been fine if the dumbass in front of me didn't stop.

·
Registered
762 Posts
HA Ha! It seriously looks like the end of the world.

·
Registered
550 Posts
hahahaha morons.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Same thing that happened in Alabama. People here can't drive in 90 degree weather so driving in snow is a real issue. My xterra in 4HI was solid though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 24 Posts