Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Raleigh area that would mind me borrowing their Bully Dog tuner for a rather long highway trip to Harlen, KY? I'm heading there over the Valentine's day weekend, and the trip is 325 miles each way, for a total of 650 miles. Going from 15/16 to 18/19 mpg's would save me about $20 in gas. I know it's a weird request, just looking to see if anyone would mind me using it to save some $$$.

Sn0

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the person would have to uninstall it from their vehicle and then it would be able to be loaded onto his. upon return he would have to repeat the procedure unless you want to pay bullydog 300$ to reset the tuner.
This...

And I don't want to keep it, I just want to plug it up to the Xterra for the trip. I will also be wheeling in very low temperatures and would like to keep an eye on some engine vitals while out on the trail.

Sn0

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Sure it will save you MPG? Mine didn't make a lick of difference to fuel economy, but it does let me monitor the transmission temp, which is nice. It also *seems* to give more power, although I can't prove it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It definitely gives a 1-2 MPG bump. Monitoring real time stats on the Xterra while wheeling is definitely a huge benefit as well.

Sn0

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It also depends on your foot. If you enjoy using the extra power often, you'll see no benefit. If you can manage your throttle usage, you will see a gain.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How do you know what it does if you don't have one? Haha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
i used to have one but i sold it; actually, I've had two and sold then because I normally can find them for a good price, but I'd rather make some extra money by selling it for $60+ more than what I bought it for...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts