Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
on line
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok now that i have started my small lift project... which will result in a total lift of about 1 inch in the front and 1 to 1.5 inches in the rear... i have some questions.
i have an 'S' model which has the non bilstein rear shocks. now my question is; when i raise the rear end of my rig, will the stock shocks be able to handle this increase? i do a mild bit of offroading and havent yet deleted my rear sway bar(daily driver and im lazy). I am looking at eventually buying bilstein shocks (the ones that come stock on the OR model) this summer when i am working full time and have more money. also planning on getting some for the front as well.

I guess my question is could i get away with just leaving the stock rear shocks on when i add the 1-1.5 inch lift, or should i upgrade to the bilsteins?

·
on line
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the kit involves a custom designed front coilover spacer that will have an attachment that will eliminate the upper control arm contact with the coilbucket. that is after im done designing it of course. thats about all im willing to disclose about the front, but in the back im probably gona just do an AAL to get it even with the front end.

·
on line
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kinda but actually what im designing, wont bend when the weight of the tire and etc. is put on it. but yeah kinda similiar.

·
on line
1,284 Posts
Xguy4life* said:
the kit involves a custom designed front coilover spacer that will have an attachment that will eliminate the upper control arm contact with the coilbucket. that is after im done designing it of course. thats about all im willing to disclose about the front, but in the back im probably gona just do an AAL to get it even with the front end.
I'd be very interested in one of those attachments. My coilbucket contact is awful.

·
on line
1,695 Posts
Just remember, a 1" tall spacer provides more than 1" of lift, thanks to the wonderful world of geometry. For instance, a TGC spacer is only 1 1/2" tall, but most users report 2+" of lift.

Something to keep in mind...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts