Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
TNX Veteran
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My only disappointment with the Raingler ceiling net in either form is how surprisingly small it is. The net is really undersized, leaving up to a half foot the entire way around that could have been useful net, letting smaller items fall out too easily. Keep that in mind regardless of whether you do mesh or web.
I know what you mean. I noticed that after I got it. Wish it covered a bit more area towards the rear especially, but maybe that would make it sag too much in those areas. Other than that it's great.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Email Eddy and tell him what you want. Draw him a pic and he'll make it for you. I am also in Ottawa, I can show you my full roof net.
Probably not worth it at this point, since already spent nearly $200 on this one. I'm not looking for a whole new net, was just giving others a heads up that it might seem a little smaller than expected.

Checked out your build thread..., a lot going on there! :D Didn't spot your custom net though, just the regular one like mine (unless I missed it!). If you happen to get a pic of it up, then we could all check it out.

Might have to take you up on the generous offer to check yours out sometime, thanks! :) Not planning to offroad mine though. Mech's staying largely stock, and I'm interested mostly in just cargo and QoL improvements.

·
TNX Veteran
3,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Maybe it is because I haven't been inside of my X in a few months but, are those metal contact points in every X or is this part of the Raingler equipment that you install?
It is listed somewhere on here (can't remember where) but they are available for certain X trim levels. They are not a Raingler thing.

·
Registered
563 Posts
It is listed somewhere on here (can't remember where) but they are available for certain X trim levels. They are not a Raingler thing.
Yeah the Raingler net in the OP photos just comes with straps and buckles.

The net attaches to 4 rear ceiling hooks and the 2 ceiling-mounted handles for the rear passengers, 6 points in total. I assumed all Xterras have these ceiling hooks but maybe not. My ceiling looks exactly like the first photo (2015 Pro).

The second photo is some other trim/model year as the ceiling hooks are different and there seems to be a different type of garment hooks(?) beside the rear passenger ceiling handles. They all appear to be in the same places as on mine though, and the Raingler website says it fits all 1999-2015 models.

·
NewX’er 4life
2,519 Posts
Probably not worth it at this point, since already spent nearly $200 on this one. I'm not looking for a whole new net, was just giving others a heads up that it might seem a little smaller than expected.

Checked out your build thread..., a lot going on there! :D Didn't spot your custom net though, just the regular one like mine (unless I missed it!). If you happen to get a pic of it up, then we could all check it out.

Might have to take you up on the generous offer to check yours out sometime, thanks! :) Not planning to offroad mine though. Mech's staying largely stock, and I'm interested mostly in just cargo and QoL improvements.
It was you that asked me about my steel bumper through kijiji wasn't it?! Anyway no pics up because of the photobucket fiasco. I'll snap one tomorrow if the rain stops and put it in my build thread.

·
Registered
563 Posts
It was you that asked me about my steel bumper through kijiji wasn't it?! Anyway no pics up because of the photobucket fiasco. I'll snap one tomorrow if the rain stops and put it in my build thread.
Haha yup that was me! :D

Yeah photobucket has completely ruined this forum (and many others I follow). Nearly every single thread now useless without the photos... :dontknow:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts