Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
TNX Veteran
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get the mesh bottom or webbing with this ceiling net... looking for insight? Seems like most people get the webbing.

Does anyone have a strong preference or setback for either? Any examples of which you wish you had the other kind (a particular item didn't fit/slipped through the webbing, you couldn't clip onto the mesh, etc.)

Mesh:

Webbing:

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have the webbing version and I wish I got the mesh version. It allows you to put slightly smaller items without it falling out

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
476 Posts
I also have the webbing version and got it before the mesh option was available. I'd still rather have the webbing.

I have an empty 18L backpack in mine that works as a floor of sorts and I keep other gear in ditty bags and larger items toward the bottom of the net. Depends on what you plan to keep in yours but I rarely have something fall out of mine. Plus, with the webbing, I can hang all kinds of stuff like lanterns or bags or whatever from the edges or in the middle or the net with carabiners. Also handy for holding various length bungee cords.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I have the webbing because it won't interfere with the middle seatbelt since I have three kids and need to use it. I keep a wool blanket and an umbrella up there most of the time but can add loosen it for jackets or anything else. I guess it depends on what you want to keep there.

·
TNX Veteran
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Plus, with the webbing, I can hang all kinds of stuff like lanterns or bags or whatever from the edges or in the middle or the net with carabiners. Also handy for holding various length bungee cords.
I think I like the idea of mesh more but I also don't want to lose the ability to hang stuff from it like you can with the webbing.

Maybe I'll see if I can get Raingler to add some loops or something to that center strap across the mesh so I can have the best of both worlds.

Edit: Just got a response about this and they mentioned their Hybrid net which I completely forgot about... lol

You can still anchor the the perimeter straps of course, but it sounds like you are describing our hybrid with a full net under the mesh.
Thanks

·
TNX Veteran
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going with the Hybrid. I didn't know this existed until Raingler's response. Looks like exactly what I asked.

Sort of three level, mesh for jackets on top. Between net and mesh for maps or gloves etc. Net on bottom to hang carabineers. Drying boots and such.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I have mil-spec mesh on mine and I love it. You can pack items down a little tighter I think. That combo version you linked though is nice. I probably would have got it if it was offered at the time.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You could probably send it back in and then would add the mesh for you. The owner was super understanding when my dog chewed through one of my straps. I just had to pay shipping back and forth and all was good.
Hmm, that might just be good enough justification to go ahead and get a net at the same time for the Dephep rack I just picked up...

·
TNX Veteran
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Hmm, that might just be good enough justification to go ahead and get a net at the same time for the Dephep rack I just picked up...
That is exactly what I just ordered.

·
TNX Senior Member
443 Posts
Never knew they had the hybrid option, I think i'll be ordering that soon. I have a question somewhat similar to Albatross's OP...so i hope you don't mind me asking on your thread.

Compared to a lobo rack...what're pros and cons of either? I was considering making my own lobo, but this seems less bulky, easier to remove, and just as functional to hold stuff and hang stuff off of so....why even fuss with making a rack?

·
TNX Veteran
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Never knew they had the hybrid option, I think i'll be ordering that soon. I have a question somewhat similar to Albatross's OP...so i hope you don't mind me asking on your thread.

Compared to a lobo rack...what're pros and cons of either? I was considering making my own lobo, but this seems less bulky, easier to remove, and just as functional to hold stuff and hang stuff off of so....why even fuss with making a rack?
I went through this research phase already haha: http://www.thenewx.org/forum/13-interior/19031-raingler-large-ceiling-net-vs-lobo-rack.html

What I gathered is that Raingler net is more flexible in terms of what you can carry, but you are gonna pay $120+ for it whereas you can make a lobo rack for much cheaper.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm having a hard time deciding whether to get the mesh bottom or webbing with this ceiling net... looking for insight?
I got mesh. Webbing just doesn't make any sense to me in a ceiling net. Gravity is fighting you all the way, whether it's smaller items falling through, or corners/etc of larger items getting snagged.

My only disappointment with the Raingler ceiling net in either form is how surprisingly small it is. The net is really undersized, leaving up to a half foot the entire way around that could have been useful net, letting smaller items fall out too easily. Keep that in mind regardless of whether you do mesh or web.

·
NewX’er 4life
2,441 Posts
I got mesh. Webbing just doesn't make any sense to me in a ceiling net. Gravity is fighting you all the way, whether it's smaller items falling through, or corners/etc of larger items getting snagged.

My only disappointment with the Raingler ceiling net in either form is how surprisingly small it is. The net is really undersized, leaving up to a half foot the entire way around that could have been useful net, letting smaller items fall out too easily. Keep that in mind regardless of whether you do mesh or web.
Why did you buy the net for just the rear then? They also make full sized nets that go right to the driver and passenger headrests, and can make you a custom net setup pretty much any way you want.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Why did you buy the net for just the rear then? They also make full sized nets that go right to the driver and passenger headrests, and can make you a custom net setup pretty much any way you want.
I picked the largest ceiling net they show here https://raingler.com/collections/nissan/xterra
which is this one https://raingler.com/collections/nissan/products/large-ceiling-net
My comment was that it doesn't maximize the size of the net that could have been used on those 6 anchors, not that it doesn't cover the entire truck.

·
NewX’er 4life
2,441 Posts
I picked the largest ceiling net they show here https://raingler.com/collections/nissan/xterra
which is this one https://raingler.com/collections/nissan/products/large-ceiling-net
My comment was that it doesn't maximize the size of the net that could have been used on those 6 anchors, not that it doesn't cover the entire truck.
Email Eddy and tell him what you want. Draw him a pic and he'll make it for you. I am also in Ottawa, I can show you my full roof net.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts