Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened to me three times since I bought the X. I have the RF system and the radio turns on but no sound comes out of the speakers. I'll switch to CD and nada. It's not until I turn off the ignition and start her up again, then it's business as usual. I have noticed that the times that it happened was in the morning and it was cold(cold in California? Hard to believe). Anyone have this happen to them?

·
on line
1,864 Posts
:clown: Mine, automatically goes to MINIMUM volume, every time I turn off the ignition--

--Seems to be NORMAL !!!

-- :geek: :geek: --JIMBO

·
on line
1,340 Posts
runix3 said:
This has happened to me three times since I bought the X. I have the RF system and the radio turns on but no sound comes out of the speakers. I'll switch to CD and nada. It's not until I turn off the ignition and start her up again, then it's business as usual. I have noticed that the times that it happened was in the morning and it was cold(cold in California? Hard to believe). Anyone have this happen to them?
Sound like a bad amp.

·
on line
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm...bad amp eh? Well, next visit to the dealer I'm gonna have them check it out. I Wonder if audio systems are covered under the bumper to bumper warranty.

·
on line
45 Posts
I've had this happen to me once before. I totally freaked out, checked all the fuses, didn't see anything. When I turned it back on, it worked fine. It hasn't happened since though, although I do have other electrical issues, like my power plugs that are on "all the time" don't work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts