Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
on line
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to replace my antenna, I have the non RF 6 disk changer, non aux button factory head unit has anyone had good luck with:
A) stubby ,if so which one , B) the amplified hidden type (I think mantra makes two or three styles) if so any ideas/help on the wiring ground and switchable power?
I just noticed a "silver tape " antenna that goes across the windshield anyone tried it ?
thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
A stubby will be worse. I have a poweredinline antenna amp but it doesnt do much. A little better but no "wow". Compared to other vehicles the X's reception just plain sucks. They took the cheap route and didnt have a good amplied antenna in the glass.

I would really like to replace my antenna, I have the non RF 6 disk changer, non aux button factory head unit has anyone had good luck with:
A) stubby ,if so which one , B) the amplified hidden type (I think mantra makes two or three styles) if so any ideas/help on the wiring ground and switchable power?
I just noticed a "silver tape " antenna that goes across the windshield anyone tried it ?
thanks for the help

·
on line
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks greenxman ,I am thinking that to, just don't want to buy crap ,and get same or better reception ,with lower profile

1 - 3 of 3 Posts