Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
on line
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a new set of prg uca's and radflows with 650 lb springs. I had 750's on the old ones, with stock uca's, and noticed the front end could be a bit bouncy on the highway over the rough stuff. When I ordered my first ones I asked about spring rates and was told they were only offering the 750 lb springs, even with the stock front bumper, as they found the 650's had too much dive under braking. When I ordered the latest ones I was asked which spring rate I wanted and was a bit confused considering what I was told during my last order. I figured I'd go with the 750's again, but later changed my mind before the order was shipped and went with the 650's. Now I'm wondering if I made the right decision by going with the 650's. Who's running the 650's and what do you think of the ride quality?

·
on line
111 Posts
I've got the 650s with a shrock bumper, and TC UCAs. Things are adjusted for 2" of lift. I think the ride is fine. I told Greg I had a Shrock bumper when I ordered, and he sent me the 650s. I don't know if that was a mistake, or intentional. The ride seems fine, though the springs are cranked up more than usual to get 2" of lift with that spring.

·
on line
704 Posts
I would be interested in comparison of articulation between cars running 650 vs 750. Many people like ordering heavier springs because manufacturers usually market those springs as "heavy duty" (as in "look, I got these cool HEAVY DUTY springs!"). In reality if the springs are too stiff your car will suffer. Personally, I'd go with the softest possible combination. Same goes for the rear (multiple leaves and a lot of flex vs. fewer stronger and stiffer leaves).

·
on line
169 Posts
Scott said:
I've got the 650s with a Shrockworks bumper, and TC UCAs. Things are adjusted for 2" of lift. I think the ride is fine. I told Greg I had a Shrockworks bumper when I ordered, and he sent me the 650s. I don't know if that was a mistake, or intentional. The ride seems fine, though the springs are cranked up more than usual to get 2" of lift with that spring.
How can you tell which ones you got?

·
on line
58 Posts
Howzit, I have the 750 lb springs on the 3 in" PRG coilovers, with TCA uca's, and a Shrock front bumper with no winch. I highly recommend this front suspension set up with a Shrock front bumper as well!

My question is: I have measured both center hub to bottom of wheel well and ground to bottom of wheel well (with precision and multiple measurments) and found the passenger side to be around a 1/4" lower than that of driver side. I adjusted the passenger side coilover 1/4" more than that of the driver side to provide a level and balanced front end.

Has any one else experienced this?

I have no noticeable difference in on or off-road handling and alignment is steady and straight with no pulling. I am leveled with around 3" of lift in the front and 1/2" of droop (uca bump stop to coil bucket contact).

Aloha, nalu's one

·
on line
111 Posts
My driver side was lower, so I also have slightly different adjustment on the coils on each side.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts