Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
on line
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site. Just put my radflo's on this last week. Read the post afterwards about the non-adjustable cam bolts on the 06's. I should have those by Mon. I have the coils that don't require UCA's. When I jack the truck off the ground and have the suspension at full droop I have contact on the coil buckets. I am under the impression that replacement coils are to help prevent this contact. I have the front set to about 2 1/4in. lift. Any thoughts?

·
on line
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I've followed the site for awhile but never got around to actually joining. Good to be here.

·
on line
238 Posts
First, welcom :compress:

Second, I have the same coilovers that you do and have very mild contact on the driver's side, but the passenger side makes more contact. I called Greg about it and he is fabricating a new set of top caps to replace the first set. They will mount the shock just a smidge higher which will reduce or eliminate the bucket contact. I hoping to have them by the end of next week should all go well. They were finishing welding, dressing, and then painting today. I don't really know when I'll get to put them in though.

You are correct in the idea that they are not supposed to have contact. Greg is working to eliminate the issue being that this is the first wave of Radflo's without UCA replacement.

·
on line
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am glad to hear this. The install was smooth so I know that it's nothing we did. I emailed Greg yesterday about it and I know he's busy. I'll wait to hear what he can do for me. Was he offering the solution to you at no cost? I also wish I had known about the cam bolts ahead of time as I would have replaced those during the install.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Update on the RF direct replacement coilovers. It has been brought to our attention that some Xterra/Frontier owners are having a small issue with the new coilovers where the upper a-arm is allowed to contact the coilbucket. If you are having this issue, please contact us at 951 780-5331 (do not pm here as I dont check the boards as often as I'd like) as we will get a new set of coilovers to you that are slightly shorter and will prevent this from happening. The issue stems from us trying to get maximum travel from a replacement shock and, although only a few people are having issues, we have redesigned the coilover to offer a bit more clearance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts