Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, i had Greg adjust my Radflo's today and so far so good. It is still stiff with the 750lb coils but feels better going over rutted streets and speed bumps. Any day now im gonna place the order for the Shrock bumper but i know its gonna take an eternity to get it so ill just adjust my driving style till i get it. Im gonna get it aligned Monday cause after putting the cam bolts in, the trucks steering wheels is all out of whack.

On a much more exciting note, when Greg was done adjusting the Rads he took me on a wild 5 min ride in his Titan. That thing is a freakin monster! 37" BFG Baja's, massive coils in front, bigger and way longer in the rear (coming through the bed longer), built front end, and a massive Ford 9" rear end. We ran up this small narrow dirt road and got up to speed and started to jump the thing. I thought we were gonna lose it as the truck was gettin sideways a few times. No need to panic as Greg was calm and cool as i was shitting bricks! We then hit the same spot where he jumped the Xterra here:
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8277

This part freaked me out. Your coming down a semi steep hill where the other side ramps up. At first site it looks like the front is gonna dig into the uphill transition. Not this truck! He sped up and next thing im thinking is "are we in the air cause the truck feels wierd"? At that moment the Titan slams down and we just drive around like nothing ever happened. Later Greg tells me that was probably the highest he's gotten the Titan at that same spot. We had to be like 6-8ft in the air! I wish someone was there to take that pic. If your reading this Greg, Thanks for almost giving me a heart attack! It was well worth it! Sorry for the long post. I just thought i had to share that part.

·
on line
3,050 Posts
did you where a helmet?

Xterra3100 could you post a side pic of your X......just want to see the lift from the side
did you use shims to correct the driveshaft angle

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No helmet used. It was a smooth landing...or at least it felt that way. Greg said the bottom of the wheels had to be about 6-8ft in the air but the massive suspension soaked up everything.

I believe i have a side shot that i posted here. Regarding the shims, im just waiting for Greg to get them. The pinion angle is off by a little and i hope the shims correct it. I have slight vibes in 35-40mph and again at 75-80mph. Anyone else have the vibes in the upper speed range(75-80mph)?

Here's the link to the pics i posted
http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=8575

Hope this helps.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So did he give you a new pair of authentic PRG underpants?
I dont get it.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TX, sorry bout your mishap. When i was installing mine, i think Greg was getting annoyed at my frequent calling but never the less, he helped me out. All in all, it was a great learning experience and now i feel comfortable taking it apart for repairs or anything else.

·
on line
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh i get it. Sorry, I was super tired from driving out there then going to the outlet shopping center after that and then installing the rads once i got home. Well another trip down there again today and Greg maxed out the rebound shims in my rads cause they felt like the rebound was too much. When d-rap said Greg really cares how his products perform, he was damn right! Greg made sure i would not leave unless i was satisfied with how the shocks felt. He must have taken the damn things apart like 5 times to get it right. And he was doing all this while recieving shipments, answering numerous phone calls, and doing whatever he has to do to keep his shop running. Guys, this really is customer service at its highest level. Props to PRG!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts